The NEBOSH International Diploma is a qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals, building directly upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
It is designed to provide students with the expertise – wherever in the world they may be working – required to undertake a career as a safety and health practitioner. It also provides a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study.
Student to Teacher Ratio:
- The qualification meets the academic requirements for application for Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH – www.iosh.co.uk). This is the first step to becoming a Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner as a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH).
- Holders of the International Diploma are able to waive the Board of Certified Safety Professionals’ Associate Safety Professional (ASP) examination so that, if they meet all other requirements, they may sit directly for the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) examination.
- Holders of the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and either the NEBOSH National or International Certificate in Construction Health and Safety meet the headline entrance criteria requirements for Registered Construction Safety Practitioner (RMaPS) and membership of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
- The International Diploma is also accepted by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as meeting the academic requirements for full membership (MIIRSM).
Student to teacher ratio is 1:15Mode of Assessment:
There will be a Written Examination and Practical Assessment for the course. This is a classroom based learning programme.
UNIT 1A: International Management of Health and Safety
UNIT 1B: International Control of Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
UNIT 1C: International Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
UNIT 1D: Application of International Health and Safety Theory and Practice
- Academic Level: NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Language Proficiency: WPLN Level 6
- Work experience: 1-2 years
Duration & Intake
1. Full-time: 4 months
Total Contact hours: 231(No breaks between exams and modules)
Week Schedule: 5 days per week (3 hrs per day)
2. Part-time: 8 months
Total Contact hours:231 (No breaks between exams and modules)
Week Schedule: 2 days per week (4hrs per day)
Fees & Funding