The Master of Business Degree programme offers an innovative curriculum design which provides students with options to develop specialist multidisciplinary skills and knowledge to manage the current and future world of work. Build and customise your own bespoke programme by choosing what you want to specialise in to further your career goals. You will complete units focused on developing your leadership and business practice skills, and units in the areas you choose to specialise in. These general business skills, coupled with your specialist knowledge, will allow you to be a well-rounded graduate with a competitive advantage in the job market.
You can choose two Graduate Certificates to count towards your Master of Business to further develop your knowledge in an area or explore a new field that will help you reach your career goals. Choose from: Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics, Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management or Graduate Certificate in Negotiation.
By the end of this programme, you will graduate with a Master of Business and two named Graduate Certificates in the areas of your choice.
Organisational Behaviour and Management
Strategic Marketing Management
Accounting for Managers
Applied Research Practicum
Leading the Engaged Enterprise
Data, Metrics, Reporting and Analytics
Quantitative Research for Business
Human Resources Management Perspectives
Human Resource Management Law
Managing, Evaluating and Developing Human Resources
Organisational Change, Management and Consultancy
Managing Remuneration, Benefits and Motivation
Acquisition of Human Resources
International Business Negotiations
Admission for this programme includes the following two recognised pathways:
- Direct entry to Master of Business (48-points)
- A recognised Bachelor’s Degree (Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 7 or equivalent) or higher and evidence of professional work experience
- Satisfactory preparation for the programme through informal or non-formal learning and/or professional experiences is subject to the approval of the Academic Chair
- Successful applicants will be required to meet with the Academic Chair or a representative to develop a bespoke study plan which identifies specialist discipline nested Graduate Certificate options
- Alternative entry via nested Graduate Certificate Award. Entry into these awards is as stipulated in the Murdoch University Handbook.
- After successful completion of one or two of the specialist discipline nested Graduate Certificates (equivalent to AQF Level 8), students will be directly offered to enrol into the Master of Business programme by the Academic Chair.
- It is also possible to enrol in the Master of Business programme via completion of previous AQF level 8 (or equivalent) qualifications (up to 24 points)
The final decision on admission to the programme rests with the University.English Requirement
Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University’s English language requirement. Click here for more information.
Duration & Intake
Students will attend a combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in this programme, and they have the flexibility to plan their study schedule and attend classes once or twice a week depending on their study load. Classes are conducted on weekday evenings or weekends to suit the busy schedules of students enrolled in this programme. The Master of Business Degree programme consists of 6 core units + any 2 of the below Graduate Certificates for a total of 13 – 14 units that may be completed in 16 months. Depending on the unit’s requirement, it is supported with 24 to 36 contact hours.
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics – 4 units
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management – 4 units
- Graduate Certificate in Negotiation – 3 units
The Pro Vice-Chancellor of Transnational Education & Deputy Dean of Murdoch University are based in Singapore to oversee all academic aspects and ensure a high standard of academic delivery here.Assessment Methods
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, projects or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements
Fees & Funding
The total fee covers university registration, lectures/tutorials/workshops and assessments such as assignments/tests/examinations/projects (where applicable), programme materials in digital format, Degree (if earned) and transcript.
Education LoanChoice of flexible repayment schemes available to suit your needs
- Programme Fee: S$30,644.80
- Receive S$400 referral fee when you recommend your friend to enrol in our Master’s Degree programme. T&Cs apply.
Flexible repayment tenure of up to 8 years
- Standard Repayment: Pay your monthly instalments (principal and interest) once your loan is disbursed.
- Partial Repayment: Pay partial instalments for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
- Interest Servicing: Pay only interest for up to 3 years or till the end of your programme, whichever is earlier. Standard monthly instalments (principal and interest) will commence thereafter.
Please click here for more information on Maybank Education loan and here for OCBC Frank Education loan. T&Cs apply, subject to bank’s approval.Non-Tuition Fees
Non-refundable application fees are as follows:
- Application Fee: S$192.60
All prices are inclusive of 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST). Please refer to the official price list for a detailed breakdown.
All fees are subject to change annually. The fees above have been updated and are accurate as of 29 October 2020. For more information about the programme, please contact our programme consultant.