Today's leaders face enormous demands and high expectations. They need to maintain flexibility and focus on accomplishing goals and objectives determined by the stakeholders. If you want to be a highly capable leader, you'll not only need technical competence, but also clear social and organisational competencies. In this two-day New Managers, New Leaders Bootcamp, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to transit from an individual contributor to a new leader. You will be able to use these leadership skills to inspire and nurture your team's focus towards greater workplace performance and ultimately, career success. Using behavioural assessment tools to unravel your personal leadership style, learn and practice behaviours and skills that will transform your ability to lead people and communicate in high stakes conversations. Through these efforts, you will realise how you can lead more effectively, develop effective relationships and improve productivity.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of your role to organisational success
- Distinguish between management and leadership roles
- Identify your leadership style using the DiSC™ profiling tool
- Transit effectively from individual contributor to a new manager
- Enhance your effective and assertive communication skills
- Identify and handle conflict resolution strategies at the workplace
- Learn to coach and delegate effectively and positively
- Manage performance and enable employees to succeed in their roles
- Appreciate team development process
- Identify traits and best practices for leveraging effective teams
- Anyone who is transitioning to a level of leading and coaching team members.
- New managers who want to hit the ground running with actionable tools and skills.
- Seasoned managers who want to brush up their management techniques or explore the latest best practice skills and tools in leadership.
- Senior managers who are responsible for mentoring new managers and looking for ways to transfer essential skills.
Understanding your role
Identify your leadership style
- Leader or Manager – understand the difference
- Transition process from individual contributor to leader
- Leadership roles – Organisational, Personal, People and Thought
Essential communications skills
- DiSC™ profiling to identify your leadership style
- Know your style – know their style – keys to understanding people
- How to build more effective relationships
Performance management and accountability
- Effective and assertive communication through the 3V model
- Importance of positive communication
- 5-strategy techniques to handle conflict
Delegating and coaching
- Performance management through business and personal alignment
- Effective approaches to motivate and support team members
- Mutual accountability process
Building effective teams
- Basics of delegation
- 6 levels of authority in successful delegation
- Coaching for influence and commitment
- Team development model – 3P and 3C
- Characteristics of high performance teams
- Team management strategies
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Raymond Thomas is a facilitator, trainer and performance improvement coach. He has more than 21 years experience, collaborating with both local and multinational organisations. His area of expertise is in the fields of
leadership, operations, sales and marketing.
Raymond has a Master's Degree in Business Administration (State University of New York at Buffalo, USA) and a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineer (Swinburne University of Technology, Australia). He is also certified in the ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) Program and a Certified Behavioural & Career Consultant (Institute of Motivational Living).
His approach to training and coaching is both inspirational and experiential. He is well-known to initiate class activities that are both motivational & paradigm shifting for new managers.