This programme is ideal for any team leader or manager who has already attended a team leadership programme in the past would like to brush up / refresh their skills and knowledge.
This two-day highly interactive workshop will offer you the opportunity to fine tune your leadership skills and find out how teams change, develop and how you can keep them on track. It will explore what it takes to move an average performing team to one that is high performing and recognised for its achievements.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognise the characteristics of a high performing team
- Enhance their personal style of management
- Understand the subtle needs and requirements of those in your team during change
- Identify and maximise talent within the team
- Use a combination of approaches to engage, empower and motivate your team
- Develop your coaching, facilitation and networking skills
- Influence others in a professional positive manner
Team leaders, supervisors, and managers, project managers with a high proportion of specialist staff, who have a rudimentary knowledge and understanding of the topic.
- Leadership and Management
- A Behavioural Exploration of Leadership at Different Levels in the Organisation
- The Differences Between Leadership and Management
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Setting the Direction of the Team
- Developing the Common Vision and Building Commitment to it
- Aligning Team and Personal Objectives to that of the Organisation
- Best Practice Case Studies of Organisations Around the World Who Demonstrate
- How Their Culture and values are Defined and Developed
- Team Creation and Development
- What Should You Bear in Mind Structuring a Team?
- Team Assessment Tool
- What is it that makes a Team Perform Well or Under-Perform?
- Taking Your Team through Change
- How to Move to a Self-Managed Team
- Working with a Virtual Team
- The Power You Can Use to Get Results
- Using Push / Pull Techniques
- What are the Top Recruitment Pitfalls?
- Motivation When There are No Funds Available
- Dealing with Under-Performance
- Common Mistakes Made During the Appraisal Process
- Learning – What Makes You a Credible Coach and Trainer?
- The Art of Facilitation
- Setting Goals and Measuring Performance
- Eighteen Different Factors to Bear in Mind Setting Goals
- Examining a Case Study of Measurement in Action
- What Should You Be Measuring in Your Team?
- Your Role as a Communication Messenger
- Who are Your Internal Customers and How Can You Build Bridges with Them to Ensure that You Work Well Together?
- Communicating Effectively with Your Team
- Maximising The Effectiveness of Team Meetings, Briefings and Team Process*
- Delivering Difficult Messages to Your Team
- Getting Your Team Members to Think Laterally
- Using De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats for Pushing the Boundaries
- Appreciating the Hidden Qualities That Those in Your Team Might Have
- Defining How Your Time Should Be Spent
- What Can’t You Delegate?
- How to Plan the Whole Process and Make it Work
- Using a Case Study to Find Out How Well You Can Delegate
- Personal Effectiveness and the Power to Influence Others
- Dealing With Conflict in the Team
- How to use a Variety of Techniques to Influence Others
- What Mistakes Can You Make When Trying to Influence Others?
- Understanding the Power of Emotional Intelligence
- Dealing With a Range of Different and Difficult Individuals
- Work with and Bringing Them
- Around to Your Point of View
Leading High Performance Teams is a highly inter-active two-day programme. Key concepts are presented to participants and this is closely followed by syndicate work and group discussion.
Video presentations and film are used to compound the learning process and create high impact training.
The programme is designed to be dynamic and fun as well as educational. The primary focus is to provide delegates with concepts and methods which they can put to immediate use in the workplace.
||9 am to 5 pm
||24 - 25 Jan 2019
29 - 30 Apr 2019
05 - 06 Aug 2019
25 - 26 Nov 2019
- Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- All fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.