This programme explores the qualities and key competencies that contribute to successful team leadership. It will examine how to keep your team motivated and on track during challenging economic times.
As well as gaining a firm foundation in the core aspects of team leadership, you will also take away with you a useful social skills model to help you deal effectively and persuasively with a range of different or difficult personalities and characters you might have to deal with in your everyday working life.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the style of leadership it is appropriate to adopt as a team leader
- How teams develops, change and what it takes to keep them on track in challenging economic times
- How to enable / empower staff in order to be able to increase productivity
- Manage performance effectively
- Gain facilitation skills and be able to balance tasks and people
Team leaders, supervisors, and those aspiring to become team leaders, project managers with a high proportion of specialist staff who have had little or no management training.
What Style of Leadership is Appropriate in Different Situations?
The Creation of a Team
- How Best to Use a Range of Different Leadership Styles According to the Situation You are Faced With
- How to Recognise the Different Sources of Power that Others Might Adopt – The Autocrat, Authoritaricrat, Bureaucrat, Particicrat and Abdicrat
- What are the Characteristics of a High Performing Team?
- Belbin’s Concept Concerning a Well Balanced Team and How to Ensure You Are Maximising the Potential Skills and Competencies of each Team Member
- How to Keep the Team on Track and Productivity in Place During Challenging Times
The People Part of Managing a Project
- Recognising the Need for Clear, Objective Standards of Performance
- Improve Clarity by Setting Measurable Targets
- Appraising for High Performance
- Correcting Under-Performance and Setting Review Sessions to Monitor Improvement
The Power of Seven
- How and When to Offer Guidance and Help During a Project
- Motivating the Team or Individual During the Process
- Monitoring and Reviewing Progress
- Ensuring Accountability
- How to use a Range of Different Analysis Tools to get to the Root Cause of the Problem
The Enablement / Empowerment Four Box Model
- Using this Unique Instrument for Project Planning, for Sales Presentations or Recruitment Activities
Handling Problem Staff and Conflict
- To Successfully Delegate Tasks and Responsibilities to others will often need to be Gradually Undertaken using Effective Communication, Coaching or Training. How to Assess the Appropriate Approach in Different Situations
- Using The Maze Activity to Understand all of the Issues You Face During the Delegation Process and Getting it Right
Handling and Influencing a Range of Different and Difficult Personalities in the Workplace
- Skills for Resolving Conflict
- Stopping Conflict from Starting
- Problem Solving Between People
- Through the Use of a Social Skills Model You Will Learn how Best to Influence Others and Persuade them to Come Around to Your Point of View
- Developing an Action Plan for the Future
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.