This workshop is designed specifically for business professionals to master new and specific techniques that will help sharpen their writing skills. The course will help participants produce a higher standard of reply submissions, to understand that good writing is not difficult.
The course is structured such that participants will learn to adopt an appropriate style, tone and format of writing to express their points coherently. And to consistently produce sharp, focused and concise replies. They will also pick up skills to avoid common writing errors and to write convincingly to sell their ideas.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Plan and organise their replies
- Express ideas to suit the audience and purpose
- Use specific tools as guidelines for writing
- Identify and avoid the common errors in writing
- Apply the principles in writing business correspondence
- Reply to complaint letters
Business Writing Process
Know your Customers
- Old fashioned language versus modern business correspondence
- Summary versus concise writing essentials
- Approaches to writing — Active & passive voice; Direct, indirect and persuasive approaches
- How to make the tone of writing work for you — Positive, negative and neutral tones
- Identifying customers through DISC profiling
- What readers really expect
Proofreading and Vetting Process
- How to plan your writing—Using the 4-point plan, news triangle, 4 P’s, problem-cause-effect-solution in writing for e-mails, letters of complaint and enquiry
- Avoiding “reply” templates and using phrases to reply to an aggrieved customer
- Common errors made in customer correspondence using samples of existing office replies
- How to compliment customers without over patronizing them
- Writing replies to different readers based on case studies. (Enquiries and complaints)
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.