Good telephone skills and etiquette go beyond just sounding good and using the right words. After all both 'what you say' and 'how you say it' build the professional image of an organisation. This service-oriented workshop encompasses good listening techniques, asking appropriate questions and developing basic telephone etiquette skills. This workshop will also benefit anyone who is keen on projecting a professional image at the workplace.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate how telephone etiquette contributes to a positive image for the company
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your voice
- Have a standard format for consistency and professionalism over the phone
- Derive guidelines for handling phone conversations where the other party is angry, passive, talkative or demanding
Administrative, Sales Support Staff and Executives who need to develop their telephone skills.
Elements of Telephone Etiquette
- Understanding the formula for customer service
- Projecting a professional Image
- Standard format for consistency and professionalism
- An outcome-first attitude
- Barriers to phone communication
- Powerful telephone techniques and strategies
- Opening the teleconversation effectively
- Message taking and documentation and logging of calls
- Call prioritisation and escalation skills
- Techniques for negotiating objections and resistance
- Active listening & pinpointing
- Closing the teleconversation effectively
Dealing with Different Caller Types
- The strengths and weaknesses of your voice
- Approaches to communicating—active and passive voice; direct, indirect and persuasive approaches
- Understanding and using tone effectively
- Role play
- Communicating to suit different caller profiles using audience analysis
Interactive methodology such as role-plays and case studies will be employed to provide participants with opportunities for skills practice.
- Group Discussion/Brainstorming
- Case Studies
- Self-Analysis/Critique Session
- Learning from a Partner
- Interactive Exercises
* Members enjoy a 15% discount before GST
- S$513.60* (including GST)
* Group Discount (3 or more participants) - 10%
- Pre-approved SDF Funding of S$14.00 for All Companies
- SDF Course Code: CRS-N-0025063
- Pre-approved SkillsFuture funding of S$500.00
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.