Businesses today are experiencing revolutionary strides which have resulted in new methods of exceeding the expectations of stakeholders. How can we constantly evaluate the transformation and continue to re-engineer the processes to meet these increasing demands? Critical thinking clarifies goals, examines assumptions, discerns hidden values, evaluates evidence, accomplishes actions, and assesses conclusions. More than ever, we must be able to clearly reason through problems and present arguments in a logical, compelling way or even reasonably challenge "standard operating procedure" or workflow processes. In this two-day course, participants will be given practical tools and hands-on techniques to translate ideas into functional actions or deployable plans. Each participant will receive a FREE Critical Thinking Profiling Assessment (U.P. $250 per pax) Watson-Glaser™ II Critical Thinking Appraisal - The leading critical thinking test designed to measure an individual's critical thinking ability and decision-making skills. Key features and benefits: o Measures high level reasoning and critical thinking o Facilitates judgement, problem-solving and decision-making o Suggests critical thinking-related job behaviours o Used by major corporations and consultants to identify great managers and develop high potentials
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define and recognise the value of Critical Thinking
- Identify Critical Thinking Archetypes
- Define and apply the RED Model (WGII Critical Thinking Assessment Outcome)
- Analyse issues in-depth and with precision using elements and standards of thought
- Apply Critical Thinking for problem-solving and idea generations at work
- New business executives in the financial industry who want practical tools and skills in Critical Thinking.
- Business executives and organisational talent-pool participants who desire actionable tools and skills to reinforce their career and management positions.
- Seasoned managers who want to brush up on their critical thinking skills.
- Senior managers who want practical tools and skills in leading staff members towards enhanced critical thinking abilities.
Understanding Basics of Critical Thinking
- Intuitive vs. Deliberate Thinking
- Definition of Critical Thinking
- Differentiation between Critical, Creative and Analytical Thinking
Significance of Critical Thinking
- Strategic benefits and importance of Critical Thinking
- Characteristics of Critical Thinkers (Archetypes)
- Methods to collaborate with various archetypes at work
Cognitive Process of Processing Information
- 7-Up Phase Thinking Model
- Application of 7-Up Phase Thinking Model
- Questioning techniques and short-circuiting thinking
- Applying 7-Up Phase Thinking Model in role play
Assessment Framework for Critical Thinking
- Defining RED Model
- Reviewing and understanding assessment results
- Significance of RED Model to Critical Thinking
- Formulating and applying questions related to RED Model
Standards of Critical Thinking
- Determine standards to manage effective Critical Thinking
- Effective questions to manage use of standards
- Applying standards in role play
Thinking and reasoning errors
- Types of thinking and reasoning errors – Assumptions & Fallacies
- Ways to overcome and apply appropriate response to reasoning errors
Critical Thinking Applications at Work
- Identify and enhance suboptimal outcomes in daily activities
- Enhance positive outcomes of decision-making process with Critical Thinking
- Ways to value-add and provide enablers, including resources for intervention
- Action plan for improvement
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Raymond Thomas is the Founder and Managing Director of The Learning Paradigm, a leading provider in the field of Leadership skills enhancement and management. He is also an Entrepreneur, Consultant, Speaker and Coach, with more than 20 years leadership experience collaborating with local and multinational organisations.
Raymond inspires and engages leadership change elements which are aligned to business needs. His passion is in the fields of leadership, critical thinking, operations and management. His seminars and workshops are fun, interactive and designed to maximise learning retention.
He is also a professional member of the Asia Professional Speakers Singapore (APSS) and holds the Vice-President's position for 2013-2014.