This course provides a fast track understanding of the digital landscape including social media marketing, search engine optimisation, email marketing, display advertising, mobile, resources and the cost of infrastructure. We explore the trends in Singapore and around the region, what the impact these trends are on consumers, measuring and analysing ROI, media planning, creatives that work, industry best practices and standards as well as new and innovative uses of the technology in digital advertising. The course also addresses the issues and challenges facing agencies and marketers in adapting their organisation to the new digital landscape. Presented from a marketing practitioner's perspective - digital marketing is now easily understood.
- Have a sound understanding of the general principles of digital advertising.
- Be conversant with relevant technologies, devices and opportunities for digital communications campaigns.
- Have increased confidence and inspiration for the development of strategic and creative digital communication campaigns.
- Understand how to integrate digital into the overall marketing mix.
- Understand the methods and metrics of analysing digital campaigns.
- Have insight into the operational and logistical challenges that face both agencies and clients in adding digital to their organisations marketing offering.
Marketing managers, marketing directors, CMOs, account directors, planners and anyone wanting to learn about digital marketing. Designed for participants who want an in-depth understanding of digital marketing and how to harness its power.
Introduction to Digital Marketing
Assessing the Channels & Technologies
- The ever changing world of digital
Demographics of Your Customer
- What is your campaign objective?
- Using different tools for branding, lead generation, acquisition, promotions, etc.
The Digital Marketing Toolbox
- What are people doing online and when?
- Examine demographics and segmentation
- How does online compare to other forms of media consumption?
Assessing digital tools and the opportunities available to marketers for tools with a focus on:
- Display advertising
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search engine optimisation(SEO)
- Landing Page & Website Optimisation
- Electronic Direct Mail (EDM) marketing
- Social & Viral Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
Integrating the marketing mix – What is the right mix?
Internet Campaign and Media Strategy
Creative Strategy: Case Studies
- Planning, budgeting, measuring and analysing
- Key steps in media planning and buying
- Planning tools and key metrics used to analyse campaign effectiveness, return on investment and optimising campaign conversion
Designing for the User Experience
- Review a series of case studies showcasing the best of the best
- Learn the basics of good information architecture, design and the basic rules of usability and usability testing
- Participants develop and present a hypothetical campaign brief through group work.
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Martin Ross has over 19 years of marketing and consulting experience in various industries including broadcasting, advertising, publishing, IT and management consulting. He has consulted with clients on a range of business, management and leadership issues across the region including New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan, Middle East and Hong Kong.
As an active marketer and facilitator he has done work with regional brands including, Canon, Sony Electronics, Singapore Tourism Board, P&G, Loreal and many others. He also works closely with the world's leading media, creative agencies, publishers and their clients including, MEC Global, Zenith Optimedia, Mindshare, Universal McCann, XM Asia, OgilvyOne, Arc Worldwide, Yahoo! Microsoft Advertising, AsiaOne, MediaCorp, BBC, CNN and many others.