The Practical Accounting with Xero Accounting System is a two-day course which aim to provide an overview and hand-on practice on Xero Accounting System to assist the admin, managers, executives, and business owners to apply the Xero accounting system functionalities in their daily business and financial activities and enhance productivity
The course incorporated all the latest updates and new features of the accounting software’s, such as Project costing, Payroll feature, Fixed Assets Register, Budgeting, Management Reporting, which are all very key and essential to the organisation to maximise the benefits of the software to further enhance productivity and efficiency.
In addition, our course will be conducted with practical hand-on accounting concepts and reinforce learning by illustrations, real-world examples, and case-study as well as scenario-play. A copy of the accounting software will be offered to the participants to use for the case study to facilitate practical learning.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to
- Setting up the Accounting System
- Use the accounting system to perform accounting functions and aid decision makings
- Configure and import relevant data to the accounting system
- ability to work remotely (virtual office) with this cloud-based software
- ability to generate e-invoicing remotely
- Set up and compute GST for expenses and invoices and file GST submission online with IRAS
- Generate timely and accurate financial and accounting reports for timely management and business decision makings
The Syllabus :-
Topic 1. Introduction to Xero
- Xero Introduction
- Course Overview
- Workshop Objectives
- Expectation – Activity
Topic 2: Setting up Company - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 3: Setting up Chart of Accounts - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 4: Setting up Bank Account- Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 5: Bank Reconciliation - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 6: Tracking Location & Class
- Conversion Balance – Activity/Practical Case Study
- Inventory Management - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 7: Managing Sales, Quotation and Recurring Transactions – Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 8: Managing Purchases Transactions - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 9: Fixed Assets Register, Depreciation and Disposal - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 10: Tax / GST Returns and Reports - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 11. End-of-Period Closing Procedures - Activity/Practical Case Study
Topic 12: Financial Report - Activity/Practical Case Study
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
1) Trainer Gary Chan has held various senior management roles in both local and international organizations including that of Regional Director and CFO for a large MNC, Director of Corporate Services for an SME, and Vice President for Asia Pacific for a Fortune 500 company. These have enabled him to accumulate more than thirty years of extensive corporate finance and business leadership experience in his current role as a much sought-after corporate trainer and consultant; particularly in the area of accounting, finance, business management and development as well as strategic planning and implementation.
Gary is a Chartered Accountant (ACCA, UK) and started his career as an external auditor with Price Waterhouse Coopers. He possesses an MBA in Business Administration from the Henley University in the UK, major in International Business. In addition, Gary holds a Master of Science from National University of Ireland, major in Strategic Marketing. Gary is a registered Chartered Accountant member with the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA). Gary is passionate in helping people change and re-learn the way they lead, manage, think, create, and collaborate with the aim of supporting his learners in their journey to attain personal and organizational success. Gary utilizes his creativity and real-world examples in conducting his training. He is passionately fond of training and always willing to share with others all that he knows. His outgoing pleasant personality and confident disposition coupled with his lively, light-hearted, thoughtful, engaging, liberally sprinkled with humor and always relevant to his learners' needs have make his trainings all the more lively, fun and insightful. Gary represents several government and non-profit organizations in providing volunteer works and training to the general public. Gary has been featured in the media locally and regionally. Gary is the founder of Smart Skill Training & Consulting which provide training and advisory on Accounting, Tax, Financial Management, Financial Planning, Regional Business Development /Expansion and Strategic Planning and Implementation.
2) Trainer Maria Lau is analytical for all courses at college as well as running her college to improve experience for trainees/clients, employees and administration. A dedicated and responsive trainer and appraisals from ex NUS Merit/ex MP and trainees attending college courses for the [email protected] Corporate Secretarial Practice/ACRA, ACRA Filing/IRAS Tax and Certificate in Practical Accounting courses and Pitman's Shorthand New Era Speed Writing and Practical Accounting With ABSS Software.