This course aims to guide non-financial professionals to interpret basic financial statements so that they can work to achieve common goals for an organisation. This helps to address the skills gap faced by non-financial specialists, so that they can make informed business decisions.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of accounting in the organisation
- Analyse the Statement of Profit or Loss (SOPL) for the year
- Differentiate the two main types of external finance
- Draw valid conclusions from the information contained in financial statements
- Recognise the need for a Statement of Cash Flow
- 21 years old or older
- 1 GCE N-level pass or Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing, Numeracy)
- A pass in GCE N-level English language or Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 5 (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing)
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Have at least 1 year of work experience
- Non-financially trained professionals and PMETs
- Executives, Senior Executives, Assistant Managers and Managers
Module 1: Functions of Accounting and the Importance of Proper Accounting Records
Module 2: Read and Interpret the Financial Statements
Module 3: Importance of Managing Cash Flow
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Kaplan reserves the right to change trainer, in light of unforeseen circumstances.