This programme is geared specifically towards executives and assistant managers to equip them with skills to deliver professional and effective written communications.
The programme aims to provide effective training sessions and training is customised to fit the learning needs of participants on-the-go; who need effective, easy-to-apply learning points which can be translated to work needs almost immediately. There will also be a session where a degree of one-to-one training can be provided for participant who might require more individual coaching on particular needs.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Identify the critical success factors of good business writing today
- Improve the style and accuracy of their writing
- Including using proper punctuation and sentence construction
- Removing antiquated phrases and Singlish in business writing
- Achieving a good tone to sound friendly yet professional
- Adapt their emails and other written communication to different audiences and situations
- Writing to get results
- Structuring for logic, format, tone and style.
- Plan and organise their writing to fit their purpose
- Write and edit their work to make it clear, concise and easy to understand, and
- Have a greater understanding of English grammar
Module 1: Write it Best
Module 2: To whom are you writing?
- Best practices of written communications
- Time frames to respond within
- Adopting a courteous tone
- Communication and writing etiquette
Module 3: Why Write?
- Understanding the needs of the reader or audience
- Phrasing language to encourage action
- Tone to adopt
Module 4: Write it Right
- Targetting the message to the correct intended audience
- Understanding the readers’ background knowledge on the subject
- Deciding on the key messages to communicate
- Writing to encourage action, writing to motivate
Module 5: Writing Reports
- Structuring the message
- Writing structures for different purposes
- Informative writing: updates, memos
- Instructional writing: outlining a course of action
- Written exercises and quizzes to encourage participation, application and understanding of learning points
Module 6: Adopting proper language when writing
- Executive Summaries
- Report writing template
Module 7: Final assessment and reviews
- Using proper grammar
- Exercises and quizzes on grammar
- Avoiding archaic language or ‘word whiskers’
- Avoiding typically Singlish expressions or language when writing
- Exercises and quizzes on usage
- Feedback by Trainer on individual writing skills
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Ms Lorraine Kwek has extensive experience in various capacities in the fields of marketing communications, including advertising, public relations, conference management as well as training. Her training in Communication Studies at the University and her teaching diplomas in Speech and Drama as well as Public Speaking have given her a unique perspective on the importance of communication skills in any field of work.
She has been conducting training in the areas of negotiation skills, time management, communication and facilitation skills, selling skills and customer service, including effective speaking skills and dealing with conflicts. Lorraine is also a certified Zenger-Miller trainer through the international training organisation, Achieve Global.