Our Internet of Things (IoT) programme aims to equip you with the skills in cloud solution architecture for IoT, the configuration of IoT devices for secure cloud communication and machine learning to implement predictive analytics using IoT devices’ data.
You could get a $1.2k training allowance per month* while undergoing the programme. Job assistance available.
Acquire IoT Skills
Learn essential IoT skills to design, implement and configuring IoT devices for secure cloud communication to develop real-world IoT device applications for an enterprise and get insights and visualise using Power BI.
Online Synchronous Sessions
We deliver online synchronous sessions through a combination of instructor-led flipped classes and personalised mentoring sessions with industry practitioners to greatly increase your efficiency and effectiveness in acquiring knowledge and skills despite the remote learning situation.
Job Placement Assistance
We will assist you in getting hired with more than 50 hiring employers working with us.
Eligible Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents can receive course subsidy and training allowance* under the SGUnited Skills Programme ().
*Terms and conditions apply.
At least 1 GCE 'A'/'H2' Level pass or equivalent (General) with min. 2 years of programming or system management experience
PMETs who want to acquire skills to design and implement IoT solution and assume the IoT Engineer /IoT Developer job roles
NICF -IoT Foundation (SF)(CRS-Q-0037608-ICT)
NICF -IoT Design (SF)(CRS-Q-0037607-ICT)
- Steps and approaches for evaluating and implementing IoT in your business.
- Investigates how real-world IoT solutions are being implemented in various industries and describes some of the different approaches that can be taken
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate sensors and actuators into a circuit
- Design a basic IoT system
- §Use Tinkercad and Packet Tracer to solve IoT problems
NICF -IoT Visualization (SF)(CRS-Q-0037603-ICT)
- Implement redundancy within an IoT solution
- Deploy the remote monitoring solution accelerator
- Customize a solution accelerator
- Customize and redeploy a microservice
- Apply and tailor the reference architecture to a scenario
- Construct the business proposal for an IoT solution
- Implement an IoT solution roll out
- Scale an IoT solution to accommodate changing business demands
- Use the latest data visualization tools to create reports using historical and live data.
NICF -IoT Implementation(SF)(CRS-Q-0037606-ICT)
- Create an Azure account and get acquainted with the Azure Portal
- Create an IoT Hub service
- Create an IoT device and register it with your IoT Hub
- Send telemetry data from your device to the IoT Hub
- Create a Stream Analytics job that monitors data received by the IoT Hub
- Implement an Azure Function that sends an email when a sensor reading exceeds a configured threshold value
- Create a Cosmos DB storage account and use a Stream Analytics job to store your telemetry data
- Implement a Direct Method on your IoT device and then trigger the method remotely
- Simulate a Firmware Update using a Direct Method and monitor progress of the operation using Device Twin properties
NICF -IoT Insights (SF)(CRS-Q-0037605-ICT)
- Create and manage a cloud gateway
- Implement a simple device to a cloud communication example
- Examine the IoT Device and Service SDKs
- Develop a device application that sends telemetry messages to your cloud gateway
- Configure the local admin tools for Azure IoT
- Configure and secure IoT devices
- Describe device management and how to use device twins and device properties
- Provision devices using the Device Provisioning Service
NICF -IoT Capstone (SF)(CRS-Q-0037604-ICT
- Prepare data for machine learning operations and analysis
- Choose the appropriate machine learning algorithms for given business scenarios
- Apply deep learning to a predictive maintenance scenario
- Integrate Azure Cosmos DB with Azure Stream Analytics
- Write IoT data into Cosmos DB as Warm Storage
- Query Cosmos DB for IoT data
- Modify web-based stream analytics jobs for edge deployment
- Deploy analytics jobs onto edge devices
- Deploy other analytics code onto edge devices
- Combine streaming data with reference data in queries
- Write queries with different types of time windows
- Chain together streaming analytics jobs, to allow more sophisticated inputs and outputs
- Combine warm and cold storage strategies with edge analytics and strategies to quickly react to telemetry data
- Determine how Azure IoT components & various devices can interoperate with one another to exchange data and information or trigger an event
- Produce technical architecture documents for the Azure IoT & device integration
- Identify technical requirements and dependencies of integrating Azure IoT & device
- Develop a plan to address a specific organisation requirement for IoT
- Utilise Azure IoT tools and techniques for integrating Azure IoT & device
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
ACTA Certified and Industry Practitioner
All our trainers are WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) certified and industry practitioner who can impart real-world experience through actual work examples or case studies.