This programme equips learners with the requisite knowledge and application skills to bake healthier products that contain reduced sugar.
Recipes taught include reduced sugar Floating Island, Lemon Madeleine, Berry Clafoutis, Chooclate Eclair, Lemon Cake, Creme Brulee, Pistachio Macaron, and Milk Guimauve.
- Possess basic baking experience
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- At least 16 years old
For anyone 16 years and above possessing basic baking experience.
By the end of the lesson, learners will understand:
- Science of healthful baking
- Role of sugar in baking
- Substitutions for refined sugar in regular baked goods
- Reduction of sugar in baked goods and how to work with reduced sugar recipes
- Methods to reduce sugar in baking formulas
- Alternate sweeteners in baking
- Types of ingredients which could be substituted for healthier options
- Methods and importance of increasing the nutrient density of baked products
- Health promotion campaigns in Singapore
And be able to:
- Assemble tools and equipment for advanced cake making
- Measure, prepare and check the quality of ingredients for healthy baking with reduced sugar
- Use various baking technique as applicable
- Reduce sugar percentage in regular baked goods
- Substitute refined sugar with healthier sweeteners
- Substitute ingredients for a more nutrient-dense formula
- Adjust baking steps when substituting ingredients in accordance with organisational procedures and recipes, food and Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) requirements.
- Identify areas of improvement in baking processes
Course Fees Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $800
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $67
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $107
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $107
- For international students net fees is $877.40
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.