After completing this programme, learners will have the requisite knowledge and application skills to make tarts and short-crust pastries and be able to apply them to the workplace.
This programme is developed under the new Skills Framework (SFw) for Food Services; a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning.
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- At least 16 years old
- Basic culinary experience
For anyone 16 years and above with basic culinary experience.
Learners will be taught:
- Types and uses of baking tools and equipment
- Types, characteristics, functions and quality indicators of baking ingredients
- Types of fillings and toppings suited for different types of tarts and short-crust pastries
- Recipes and methods of preparing different types of tart and short-crust pastry products
- Importance of using correct ratio and proportion ingredients
- Importance of sifting dry ingredients and resting dough
- Importance of controlling temperature of butter
- Techniques to shape dough for baking (including blindbaking)
- Principles of baking tarts and short-crust pastries
- Indicators of doneness
- Methods to cool and store tart and short-crust pastry products
- Quality characteristics of tart and short-crust pastry products
- Common faults in tart and short-crust pastry products and how to prevent them
- Food and Workplace Safety And Health (WSH) requirements
And be trained to:
- Assemble baking tools and equipment
- Prepare ingredients for making tarts and short-crust pastries
- Prepare dough and fillings for baking
- Bake dough
- Cool, assemble and store tart and short-crust pastry products
- Reinstate work station
Upon successful completion of training and passing of assessment for the programme:
- Learners will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the Skill Standard “Make Tarts and Short-Crust Pastries”
- The SOA will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Course Fees Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $990
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $77.83
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $127.33
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $127.33
- For international students net fees is $1,080.70
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.