After completing this programme, learners will have the requisite knowledge and application skills to prepare advanced cakes and be able to apply them to the workplace.
This programme is developed under the new Skills Framework (SFw) for Food Services; a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning.
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- At least 16 years old
- Basic culinary experience
For anyone 16 years and above with basic culinary experience.
Learners will be taught:
- Types and uses of tools and equipment used for preparing advanced cakes
- Types, characteristics and indicators of quality of cooking/baking ingredients of advanced cakes
- Methods of mixing and baking advanced cakes
- Methods to prepare icings, fillings, glazes and fondant from scratch
- Types and methods of assembling, finishing and decorating cakes
- Types and methods to prepare entremets
- Advanced piping methods
- Indicators of doneness
- Methods of presenting and storing finished products
- Quality characteristics of advanced cake products
- Common faults in baking advanced cakes that affects its quality and how to prevent them
And be trained to:
- Assemble tools and equipment for advanced cake making
- Measure, prepare and check the quality of ingredients for advanced cake making
- Bake advanced cakes
- Prepare icings, fillings, glazes and fondant
- Assemble cakes by cutting and applying filling and icing
- Apply advanced piping skills to decorate the cakes
- Plate and present finished products or store appropriately to prolong shelf life in accordance with organisational procedures and recipes, food and Workplace Safety (WSH) and Health requirements
Upon successful completion of training and passing of assessment for the programme:
- Learners will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the Skill Standard “Prepare Advanced Cakes”
- The SOA will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Course Fees Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $1,100
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $84.10
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $139.10
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $139.10
- For international students net fees is $1,198.40
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.