After completing this programme, learners will have the requisite knowledge and application skills to make basic cakes and be able to apply them to the workplace.
This programme is developed under the new Skills Framework (SFw) for Food Services; a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning.
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- At least 16 years old
- Basic culinary experience
For anyone 16 years and above with basic culinary experience
Learners will be taught:
- Types and uses of baking tools and equipment
- Types, characteristics, functions and quality indicators of baking ingredients
- Recipes and methods of preparing different types of basic cakes
- Importance of using correct ratio and proportion of ingredients
- Importance of sifting dry ingredients
- Importance of controlling temperature of butter
- Importance of aerating batter for sponge cake
- Principles of baking basic cakes
- Methods of cooling and storing cake products
- Quality characteristics of basic cake products
- Common faults in cake products and how to prevent them
- Food and Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) requirements
And be trained to:
- Assemble baking tools and equipment
- Prepare ingredients for cake making
- Prepare batter for baking
- Bake batter
- Cool and store finished cake products
- Reinstate work station in accordance with organisational
- procedures, food and Workplace Safety and Health (WSH)
Upon successful completion of training and passing of assessment for the programme:
- Learners will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the Skill Standard “Make Basic Cakes”
- The SOA will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Course Fees Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $1,265
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $93.50
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $156.76
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $156.76
- For international students net fees is $1,374.95
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.