After completing this programme, learners will have the requisite knowledge and application skills to make café style breads and be able to apply them to the workplace.
This course is developed under the new Skills Framework (SFw) for Food Services; a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning.
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- At least 16 years old
- Basic bread making experience
- Those who do not have bread making experience should attend our Baking 101 - Basic Breads course first
For anyone 16 years and above with basic bread making experience
Learners will be taught:
- Types and uses of baking tools and equipment
- Types, characteristics, functions and quality indicators of baking ingredients
- Recipes and methods of making dough and preparing different types of café-style breads
- Importance and use of baker’s percentage and formula
- Importance of sifting dry ingredients and resting dough
- Importance of ratio of liquid to dry ingredients
- Importance of using yeast in making dough
- Types of sweet and savoury fillings and glazes/icing/dustings
- Principles of baking café-style bread
- Indicators of doneness
- Methods of cooling and storing café-style bread products
- Quality characteristics of café-style bread products
- Common faults in baking café-style bread that affect the quality of products and how to prevent them
- Food and workplace safety and health (WSH) requirements
And be trained to:
- Assemble baking tools and equipment
- Prepare ingredients for café-style bread making
- Prepare fillings and glazes/icing/dustings
- Prepare, shape, insert fillings and proof dough
- Bake or deep fry dough
- Glaze/ice/dusts, cool and store café-style bread products
- Reinstate work station
Upon successful completion of training and passing of assessment for the programme:
- Learners will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the Skill Standard “Make Café Style Breads”
- The SOA will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Course Fees Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $1,100
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $84.10
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $139.10
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $139.10
- For international students net fees is $1,198.40
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.