After completing this programme, learners will have the requisite knowledge and application skills to make basic breads and be able to apply them to the workplace.
This course is developed under the new Skills Framework (SFw) for Food Services; a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning.
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- At least 16 years old
- Basic culinary experience
For anyone 16 years and above with basic culinary experience interested in learning how to bake breads
Learners will be taught:
- Types and uses of baking tools and equipment
- Types, characteristics, functions and quality indicators of baking ingredients
- Fermentation process and gluten development
- Recipes and methods of making different types of basic breads
- Importance and use of baker’s percentage and its formula
- Importance of proper measurements, sifting dry ingredients, resting dough and yield
- Importance of ratio of liquid to dry ingredients
- Importance of scaling ingredients and dough
- Types of dough and methods of making and shaping basic dough
- Importance of knocking back and shaping dough and scoring bread
- Principles of baking basic breads
- Indicators of doneness
- Methods of cooling and storing bread products
- Quality characteristics of dough and basic bread products
- Common faults in basic bread making that affects the quality of the products and how to prevent them
- Food and Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) requirements
And be trained to:
- Assemble baking tools and equipment
- Prepare ingredients for bread making
- Prepare, shape and proof dough
- Bake proofed dough
- Cool and store finished bread products
- Reinstate work station
Upon successful completion of training and passing of assessment for the programme:
- Learners will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the Skill Standard “Make Basic Breads”
- The SOA will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Course Fees Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $990
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $77.83
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $127.33
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $127.33
- For international students net fees is $1,080.70
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.