Over 5 days, you will acquire the art of making traditional sushi and learn about the source of Japanese seafood. The classes will be hands-on, using traditional Japanese knives and kitchenware.
The programme will cover a range of topics including:
- Prepare Sushi Rice
- Prepare Maki Sushi
- Prepare Nigiri Sushi
- Prepare Gunkan Sushi
- Prepare Temaki Sushi
After completing this programme, learners will have the requisite knowledge and application skills to prepare sushi and be able to apply them to the workplace.
This programme is developed under the new Skills Framework (SFw) for Food Services; a SkillsFuture initiative developed for the Singapore workforce to promote skills mastery and lifelong learning.
For those with basic culinary experience
For anyone 16 years and above interested in Japanese Cuisine
Learners will be taught:
- Types and uses of kitchen tools and equipment
- Types, characteristics, functions and quality indicators of ingredients
- Japanese names of ingredients for fillings, toppings and as condiments
- Recipes and methods of preparing sushi rice and different types of sushi
- Purpose and techniques of fanning rice
- Importance of using correct proportion of ingredients and controlling their temperature
- Types of sushi condiments
- Methods and considerations for holding prepared sushi for service
- Presentation guidelines for prepared sushi with condiments
- Quality characteristics of sushi rice and sushi
- Importance of sanitizing hands and preparing sushi in dedicated work station
- Food and workplace safety and health requirements
And be trained to:
- Assemble kitchen tools and equipment
- Cook sushi rice
- Prepare fillings and toppings for different types of sushi
- Hold prepared sushi
- Plate sushi
- Reinstate work station in accordance with organisational procedures and recipes, food and Workplace Safety and Health requirements
Upon successful completion of training and passing of assessment for the programme:
- Learners will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the Skill Standard “Prepare Sushi”
- The SOA will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Course Fee Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $1,690
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $117.73
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $202.23
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $202.23
- For international students net fees is $1,829.70
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.