It is a SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) accredited programme upon completion of which, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in WSQ Prepare Agemono.
Over 2 days, you will acquire the art and craft of making traditional Japanese fried foods, using Japanese equipment and kitchenware.
The programme will cover a range of topics including:
- Prepare Tempura-Goromo
- Prepare Ten-Dashi
- Prepare Kaki-Age
- Prepare Kara-Age
- Prepare Oyako-Don
- Adult learners who would like to acquire basic knowledge and application skills in preparing traditional Japanese fried foods and their accompaniments.
- F&B professionals who want to pursue continuous education and upgrade their skills and knowledge.
- Be able to speak, read and write English.
- At least 16 years old.
- Basic culinary experience in Japanese cuisine preferred.
For anyone 16 years and above interested in Japanese Cuisine.
This modular programme introduces candidates to the knowledge and applications of Agemono, in order to apply them to the workplace. Topics of study include preparing various batters, dipping sauces, delicately fried seafood and chicken, as well as the purpose and characteristics of Japanese foods, including their names, indicators of quality and a whole host of essential and professional tips, techniques and serving styles.
WSQ Prepare Agemono will be covered over 2 days (12 hours) of training and assessment, aiming to broaden the participants knowledge and skills through:
- Hands-on cooking
Course Fees Details
- The cost fees will depend on the participant’s profile.
- Programme fee is $850
- WTS Funding is given to Singaporeans above 35 years old, working and earning less than $2000. Net fee is $69.85
- SME-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs net fees is $112.35
- Self-sponsored for Singaporeans/SPRs ≥21 years old net fees is $112.35
- For international students net fees is $930.90
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please contact provider for more info.
You may click on 'Send Enquiry' to submit your questions.