Singapore’s National Chartered Accountant Qualification
The Singapore CA Qualification is the National CA qualification, developed by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC), and administered by the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA).
SAC is a statutory Board under the Singapore Ministry of Finance.
An Asian Touch
The Singapore CA Qualification boasts a curriculum of industry-relevant skills that are crucial for accountants that are much needed in the corporate world.
It involves a perfect blend of elements combining the demands of the Singapore and Asian market, making it an accounting programme that is distinctive and unparalleled.
With a Singapore CA certification, professionals can choose from a wide range of career paths in the business and financial sector.
The qualification would equip them for directorships as well as roles such as Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and Chief Financial Officers (CFOs).
Apart from supervisory and managerial roles, professionals can also develop their careers in financial accounting, auditing, risk management and banking and financial services.
Applicants with any of the following are eligible for the Foundation programme:
- Accredited degrees
- Other degrees
- Undergraduates (with effect from 1 July 2017 onwards)
- Local Polytechnic Diploma in Accountancy
The following are accredited degrees:
- National University of Singapore – Bachelor of Business Administration
- University of London International Programmes
- – Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- – Bachelor of Science in Accounting with Law
- – Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- RMIT University
- – Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) (including full-time and part-time programmes)
Applicants with other degrees are also eligible provided the degree is recognised by the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC). SAC recognises degrees that are comparable to a three-year undergraduate degree using internationally recognised reference sources. Click here for more details.
From 1 July 2017, undergraduates are also eligible. However, the degree must be recognised by SAC as comparable to a three-year undergraduate degree using internationally recognised reference sources.
Local Polytechnic Diploma in Accountancy
Holders of a local Polytechnic Diploma in accountancy can enroll into SAC-NP Advanced Diploma in Accountancy which shares the same centralised examinations as the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation).
Applicants must satisfy both the Academic and Practical Requirements outlined below.
Applicants need to have either of the following:
1. Direct Entry Degree
Applicants must possess one of the following degrees for no more than 5 years commencing from the date of conferment.
- Nanyang Technological University
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Master of Science in Accountancy (previously known as Master of Business Administration (Accountancy))
- National University of Singapore – Bachelor of Business Administration (Accountancy)
- Singapore Management University – Bachelor of Accountancy
- Singapore University of Social Sciences – Bachelor of Accountancy (part-time included)
- Singapore Management University – Master of Professional Accounting
- Singapore Institute of Technology – Bachelor of Accountancy
Applicants who have had an accredited degree for more than 5 years may have their working experience considered for direct admission on a case-by-case basis.
2. Accredited Degree or Other Degree
Applicants must possess an accredited degree or other degree that is recognised by SAC and have completed the Singapore CA Qualification (Foundation) programme. For a list of universities or institutions recognised by the SAC, please click here.
To register, the applicant must be employed in an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO). The ATOs issue a Training Agreement and assign an Approved Mentor to their Candidates.
Each revision class be completed in 10 sessions (30 hours per subject).
- Principles of Financial Reporting
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Singapore Taxation
Each revision class be completed in 5 sessions (16 hours per subject).
- The Singapore CA Qualification consists of six modules, out of which five are examinable:
- Capstone – Integrative Business (IB)
- Four Technical Modules:
- Financial Reporting (FR)
- Assurance (AR)
- Business Value, Governance & Risk (BG)
- Taxation (TX)
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Kaplan reserves the right to change trainer, in light of unforeseen circumstances.