This course is to prepare anyone who works in the managerial level and for anyone who aspires to be a manager the ability to develop business plans and monitor divisional performance to meet business results. This course also provides the skills and knowledge to work with the management team to develop performance management strategies to manage and reward performance to achieve business results.
This course begins with the fundamental knowledge of performance management cycle to entice the learners understanding of how to develop business plans and monitor the performance of the business and the staff performance. This course is also designed by using the performance management cycle method with the case studies that could help the learners to be able to relate immediately the theories with the application in the working environment.
It is very important for learners to understand all factors to consider in developing business plans. Those factors are legal & ethical considerations, organisational policies & procedures, and remuneration trends in Singapore. By considering these factors, learners are able to develop proper business plans according to Singapore’s needs.
Beside understanding those factors, as managers, learners need to understand their stakeholders. By understanding their stakeholders, managers are able to develop proper business plans suitable to the organisation’s needs as well.
Then the learners are learning in developing business plans by the following structure:
- Success Criteria
- Risk Management
- Training Needs Analysis
- Kirkpatrick 4 Level Training Evaluation Model
It is very important as well for the learners to be able to monitor divisional performance. One of the most reputable tools to monitor divisional performance is the Balanced Scorecard. In this course, learners will learn how to develop and use the Balanced Scorecard to monitor divisional performance.
Lastly, the learners will learn to review and reward the divisional and individual performance of the staff. By learning and relate it immediately with the case studies, learners are able to reflect on how they could implement the skills and knowledge learned from this course in their workplace and also to prepare them for a higher management role in the future.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Understand legal and ethical considerations relating to performance management
- Understand organisational policies and procedures relating to the measurement of organisational performance
- Understand relevant professional or industry codes of practice and standards relating to performance and remuneration management
- Understand the relationship between business objectives and the development and implementation of plans and processes, performance management at the business unit or divisional level
- Understand implications and impact on employees and the organisation arising from performance measurement processes, performance management and remuneration processes
- Understand concepts, models and methods of business planning, including business planning processes and cycles
- Understand market trends and developments in relation to measures of organisational performance
- Consult stakeholders to gather inputs to develop business plans
- Develop a divisional business plan to specify the deliverables and expectations of each department, business unit or team and allocate resources required for implementation
- Identify the success criteria to evaluate the divisional performance
- Identify trends and potential risks to assess their strategic impact on the organisational in accordance to the organisational risk management framework
- Identify appropriate methods to gather data and measure divisional performance
- Establish reporting mechanisms and timelines to support effectiveness of measurement
- Work with the management team and human resource specialists to define performance management and remuneration requirements in line with departmental operations and roles
- Facilitate the development of a policy framework to support the implementation of performance management and reward strategies
- Analyse reports and related measures to take appropriate actions to enhance future performance
- Apply emotional intelligence to guide own thinking and actions when working with others to develop frameworks
- Keep abreast of performance management processes and remuneration by subscribing to diverse learning channels and participating in peer discussion platforms to enhance own competence in managing performance management
Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers, Business Owners
Module 1: Performance Management Cycle
Module 2: Factors to Consider in Developing Business Plan
- Performance Management
- Performance Management Cycle
Module 3: Developing a Divisional Business Plan
- Legal and Ethical Considerations in Developing Business Plan
- Organisational Policies and Procedures
- Remuneration Trends in Singapore
Monitor 4: Monitoring Divisional Performance
- Emotional Intelligence in Plan Development
- Business Plan
- How to Consult with Stakeholders
Module 5: Reviewing and Rewarding Divisional Performance
- Key Performance Indicator
- Balanced Scorecard
- Reviewing and Rewarding Individual Performance
- Reviewing and Rewarding Divisional Performance
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.