ICDL programme gives people the skills they need to get a job, develop at work, and build their careers.
The programme is tailored to meet the demands of professionals across a broad range of sectors. From finance to marketing, and education to healthcare, ICDL programme provides the specialised digital skills that are needed to excel.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to computing and the typical activities involved in creating a program
- Understand and use computational thinking techniques like problem decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms to analyse a problem and develop solutions.
- Write, test and modify algorithms for a program using flowcharts and pseudocode.
- Understand key principles and terms associated with coding and the importance of well-structured and documented code.
- Understand and use programming constructs like variables, data types and logic in a program.
- Improve efficiency and functionality by using iteration, conditional statements, procedures and functions, as well as events and commands in a program.
- Test and debug a program and ensure it meets requirements before release
- Knowledge of basic PC skills
- Basic proficiency in reading, writing and understanding English
Who Should Attend
PMETs who would like to enhance their skillsets in Microsoft Office application
Mode of training: Classroom
Duration: 16 hours (2 days)
For latest course schedule, please enquire with your course consultant or simply fill up the enquiry form.
Module 1: Computing Terms
Module 2: Computational Thinking Methods
Module 3: Starting to Code
Module 4: Building using Code
Module 5: Test, Debug and Release
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Kaplan reserves the right to change trainer, in light of unforeseen circumstances.