Have you ever explained something so clearly to someone, yet they do not seem to understand you? Or vice versa?
Or wonder why the same exact information can be interpreted differently by different people? Why does this happen?
When communicating with others, or if you would like to persuade or influence decision making, would you be interested to find out how “coloured brain” communication can help you to do so as well as facilitate the working relationship?
This workshop also explains 8 fundamental human drivers that guides our individual actions and decisions. In other words, these drivers can motivate or demotivate performance.
The ranking of these drivers can change with time, based on our environment, our experiences, and especially our traumas.
When we uncover our strongest/top drivers, we will be able to know why we made certain past decisions or will likely continue to make certain decisions or have certain challenges in the future. It also enable us to understand whether we are in the right job or the types of jobs that will best fulfil our emotional drivers.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
Any individual whose success depends on effective communication and interpersonal skills in any area of work
Module 1: Setting the Scene & Building Rapport
• Brief explanation of course outline - purpose, outcomes and benefits of the workshop
Module 2: Be Self Aware
• Identify why communicating effectively is absolutely essential
• Understand some key “Fundamentals of Human Nature” for effective communication
Module 3: Approach Brilliant Communication
• Identify circumstances where message sent is not the same as message received
• Recognise psychological elements which affect communication
• Your internal GPS when communicating
• Communication assumptions and perceptions
• The “4 insanities of communication”
• Group Activity: Analyse the “T Maze” Communication Challenge
• Debrief: What was surprising? What can you do differently in future conversations?
Module 5: Introduction into the Power of “Coloured Brain” Communication
• Understand coloured brain concept - nature v nurture
• Learn the genetic colour brain communication style of each brain colour (to understand why people do the things they do)
Module 6: Application, Application, Application
• Find out your own genetic brain colour through proprietary Coloured Brain Communication Card activity and the CBCI (CBCI is the Colored Brain Communication Inventory)
• Analyse the colour of different leaders and others around you through quotations and video competition
Module 7: Looking Through Different Coloured Lenses
• Group Activity & Debrief: Looking through different lenses to understand the underlying goals, fears, overuses of each color; and how each can increase its own personal effectiveness
Module 8: Mastering relationships and working with People of Different Colours
• Learn tips and techniques to work effectively with each colour brain
• Activity - Apply information learnt towards
• Preempting certain conflictive issues; and
• Improving buy-in of your ideas
Module 9: Coloured Brain Perception of Time – Characteristics and How to Regain Control
• Red Brain perception of time
• Purple Brain perception of time
• Green Brain perception of time
• Blue Brain perception of time
Module 10: Understanding Personal “Emotional Drivers”
• Understand the concept of the 8 Emotional Drivers
• Card Activity - Apply understanding of Emotional Drivers to rank your strongest emotional drivers
Module 11: Apply, Analyse and Discuss
• Activity – Applying knowledge of Emotional Drivers to:
• Facilitate effective work relationships
• Employ the right job candidate
• Retain productive employees
Module 12: Understanding the Human Drivers Motivation Challenge
• Understand challenges & how to overcome
• Learn the “Need Suck” Syndrome and its impact on your life
Module 13: Emotional Driver Approach to Time, Time Lapses and How to Regain Control
• Understand the emotions of time – friend or mischief maker?
• Recognise how time management affect the individual productivity and how to regain control of time
Module 14: Using “Postures” to Enhance Communication
• Learn and apply the following “Directive Communication Postures” for enhanced communication with others:
Module 15: Building an Environment of Success For Yourself and Others Around You
• Understand yourself and others better & leverage on the natural talents and strengths of each color for overall team success
• “Silo” to “Hello” activity & “Coloured Glass” reflections
Celina Gan has accumulated a vast experience and know-how in working, training and coaching participants from different cultures, work backgrounds and across languages. Celina trains in Europe, Middle East and Asia, working with leading MNCs, the civil service and educational institutions. She is also a trainer, coach and assessor in the International Business Program at Regent’s University London, addressing ability for leadership, team building, team bonding and communication skills.
Prior to becoming a full time trainer, facilitator and coach, Celina worked in the healthcare and legal industries. She started her career as a registered nurse and midwife in the UK. Celina worked in several NHS hospitals in the UK. She independently ran an Air Force based ante-natal clinic and conducted parent-craft classes in London. Celina trained staff on identifying patient needs, dealing with conflict situations, difficult patients and patient relationship management.
After working within healthcare, Celina undertook legal studies and held positions as Contracts and Commercial Adviser to BP Singapore and worked as a Legal Consultant in the UK, Spain and Malaysia. During this time, Celina headed and managed various legal departments, conducted training workshops and offered consultancy services to international corporations; as well as the educational and public sectors.