This workshop draws on the core elements of positive psychology that are relevant to you, your work and your organisation. You will discover how to increase and enhance your individual and team performance, energy and engagement by integrating positive psychology strategies into your workplace.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
Managers, team leaders, supervisors
Introduction to positive psychology and its application to the workplace
Dr. James Kwan is an accomplished consultant and adult educator with more than 20 years of experiences in training, lecturing, facilitation, consulting and coaching. An accountant by training, he has worked in finance, manufacturing, higher education, hotel and property development industries. He is currently an Independent Director of a property development company which is listed on SGX. He chairs the Nomination Committee and is also a member of the Audit Committee and Remuneration Committee. He is an adjunct lecturer at Nanyang Business School, NTU, University of Newcastle (Singapore) and PSB Academy. He also provides career coaching at Lee Hecht Harrison and Nanyang Business School, NTU.
He conducted Singapore Qualification Programme (SQP) training for auditors from Big Four accounting firms such as PwC and KPMG. Currently, he is a consultant at Lee Hecht Harrison he provides career coaching and training on career transition related topics. He also conducts in-house training and public workshops in financial accounting/reporting, management accounting, corporate finance, corporate governance, and career transition with various training institutions such as CPA Australia, Trillion Training, Aventis Learning Group, Redshift Consultants, and Lee Hecht Harrison. His recent corporate clients include Pokka Corporation and Team Tankers.
James explains complex concepts using practical real-world examples and employs case studies to promote collaborative learning in his workshops. He constantly engages participants and a strong advocate of applied learning. His passion in the subject area and enthusiastic delivery have consistently rated highly by his participants.
• PhD (Finance), University of Western Australia
• Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Strathclyde
• MBA Investment & Finance, University of Hull
• Master of Business Research, University of Western Australia
• MSc Digital Education, Edinburgh University
• Bachelor of Accountancy, Nanyang Technological University
• Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountant
• Fellow Certified Practising Accountant (FCPA), CPA Australia
• ASEAN Charted Professional Accountant
• Associate Management Accountant, Institute of Certified Management Accountants (Australia)
• Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)