People are our most valuable asset' is a cliché which no member of any senior management team would disagree with. Yet, the reality for many organisations is their people remain undervalued, undertrained, underappreciated and underutilized, leading to potential loss of talent.
The market place for talented, skilled people is competitive and can be very expensive to maintain. Taking on new staff can be disruptive to existing employees. Also, it takes time to develop 'cultural awareness', product/ process/ organisation knowledge and experience for new staff members.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of what succession planning and talent management are
- Engage in the step by step guide to strategizing these
- Learn how to motivate and retain good employees
- Understand and apply the psychological contract of people handling
- Realize the power of job re-designing
- Gain insight into the better utilization of your human talent
This program will benefit personnel and professionals from the Human Resource or Human Capital fields, all managers/senior managers, general managers, directors, and those who wish to improve their organisation in the areas of strategic human resource.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: HR Alignment
- Introduction to Succession Planning: definition, align thoughts on talent, and explain the needs for this
- What is “Strategic”?: provide learning and examples of strategic thinking in the context of talent management
- How to think Strategic and Do Strategic: how the ideal employer would act and habitualize strategy
Module 3: Need for Labor
- The Alignment: why do we need to align talent vis-à-vis HR system?
- The 7 Steps Approach to Strategising: step by step guide to implementation
Module 4: Keeping Talent
- Attraction, Recruitment and Retention: how to do this in a way which really anchors our talent to the organisation
- The Issue of “Labour Shortage” – real or perceived? Provide a platform of debate and discussion – illusion or real labour shortage?
Module 5: Handling Succession
- Why people leave?: learn common reasons for this to happen
- How to make people stay AND contribute?: Strategies to counter loss of talent
Module 6: What is Ideal
- Is organisation over-managed and under-led?: share implications of different approaches to handling staff especially talent
- Succession Planning in details: the what, why and how of succession planning, and its relationship with talent management
- Peter’s Principle: explain the principle as it relates to promotion, including how to do it properly
Module 7: Job & Compensation
- The “Ideal” employees: learn expectations of what constitutes ideal
- Motivating Employees: practical tips on how to manage behaviors
- How to pursue win-win: learn to balance the interests of workers and of organisation, via alignment of needs
Module 8: Keeping people
- Job Design or Job Re-Design: how to match personality and ability to tasks or jobs
- The Compensation dimension: different types of schemes and the relevance of each
- The Management of Change: how to strategically handle change e.g. asking people to improve without their resistance
Module 9: Warning Signs
- Inculcating the healthy attitudinal landscape: understand and learn how to apply the COPS checklist to enhance talent management
- Why isn’t everyone looking at the psychological contract? Learn the meaning of psychological and its application
- The Warning Indicators: signs to watch out for before your talent think about “exit strategy”
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
All of our Associate Trainers offer our high level of service therefore are subject to regular peer assessments and interview prior to joining our Institute. They must all be qualified and have relevant experience to an agreed level and are subjected to continual audit and evaluation. Strict internal assessment is implemented as an integral part of our quality control mechanism.