This course provides an insight to enable participants to explore and evaluate the EXCEL in the preparation of accounts for small businesses. It also exposes the participants to using computerised accounting software and cloud computing so that they would be better informed to align with IR4.0.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Identify the challenges of traditional accounting
- Create and organise a chart of accounts
- Organise the elements of chart of accounts into income statement and statement of financial position
- Identify the non-traditional accounting pathways
- Create a full set of accounts with non-traditional accounting
Participants must possess acceptable accounting and advanced EXCEL knowledge to benefit optimally from this course.
- Accounting employees who are transforming from traditional accounting into computerised accounting environment.
- Anyone (see prerequisite) who wishes to assume or expand their job function into accounting.
- Job description of bookkeeper and accounts assistant
- Transition from physical books to EXCEL and thereafter
- Starting with an end in mind
- The accounting architecture
- Setting up the book
- Organising sales transactions
- Organising purchases transactions
- Capturing cash movements
- General journal
- Ledger accounts
- Ledgers and sub-ledgers
- What an accounting software does
- Comparative study of cloud accounting systems
- Crafting an accounting software implementation plan
- Financial statements jigsaw
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Lawrence graduated with a degree in Economics and Japanese Studies from National University of Singapore. He is a Fellow with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, (FCCA), a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA), an Accredited Tax Practitioner (ATP) and a member of Singapore Institute of Directors (SID). He has bagged with him more than 20 years of field experience in accounts, finance, human resources, information technologies and training.
He is ACTA certified and Master in Applied Linguistics at National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University.