Paid advertising clutter.
Growing concerns over online falsehoods.
Organic reach on major platforms nearing zero.
More than ever, brands need to tell authentic brand stories, create conversations and ultimately usher some happy customers across their digital doorsteps. That’s where content marketing comes in and has come to the forefront in recent years.
Module 1 – Introduction to Content Marketing
- What is Content Marketing?
- The role of content marketing in a multi-channel marketing world
- The shift from selling to educating and entertaining – content as marketing
- Case studies of great content marketing strategies and campaigns
- Evaluate how content marketing can work for you
Module 2 –The Uninvited Brand
- The Uninvited Brand
- Great brands tell stories
- Branded content versus traditional advertising
Module 3 – Business Objectives and User-Centred Content
- Understanding your business objectives for content marketing
- Researching your audience – what are their goals and objectives
- Identifying key user journeys and touch points, and creating compelling content for your target segments at the right time and right place
- Exercise: planning business objectives for content marketing
Module 4 – Content Marketing for Multiple Channels, Devices and Context
- Content Types - Blog Posts, Whitepapers, Case Studies, Infographics, Videos etc.
- Channel and device considerations – platforms, sizes, formats, time of day, device mindset
- Integrated marketing approach for distributing content across channels
Module 5 – Content Marketing Strategy
- Framework for content marketing strategy development and execution:
- Audience research
- Content theme and editorial development
- Content production
- Planning an effective content strategy across channels and devices
- Exercise: create a content marketing strategy and plan from audience persona research to editorial calendar & distribution
Module 6 – The Challenges and Considerations in Content Marketing
- The ever-present time/budget/resource challenge
- In-house or outsource?
- Planning your content marketing budget
- How to successfully coordinate across different departments (PR, Marketing, IT, Sales etc)
Module 7 – Measuring Success, KPIs and ROI
- Are your content marketing plans supporting your business objectives?
- Measuring success – analytics and KPIs
- Hard versus soft metrics, long term versus short term metrics
Module 8 – Special Content Marketing Topic – Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO and content marketing
- On-page search engine optimisation: researching and using keywords
- Off-page search engine optimisation: link building and PR
Module 9 – Conclusions and Action Plans
- Building a realistic, sustainable and effective content marketing strategy
- Future trends
- Inspirational case studies
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Jorida has more than 18+ years of experience in digital account and project management. She has led digital/social media work for both B2B and B2C clients including as Friso, Princess Cruises, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Unilever, P&G, Visa, Intel, Nokia, Hewlett-Packard, M1, Telstra, Warner Music and Channel V.
Beyond work, Jorida is a seasoned trainer, well-regarded for her clarity and ability to translate theory into practice from her own experiences. She has delivered both online and face-to-face training in areas such as Project Management, Digital Fundamentals and Social Media for McCann Asia, Saatchi China, NBC Universal, Blue Hive and Text 100. She also lectures at Temasek Polytechnic Design School, on Marketing and Communication subjects.
She holds a Master’s Degree in Mass Communications and a Bachelor’s Degree from Curtin University of Technology with double majors in Marketing and Public Relations. She is proficient in Simplified and Traditional Chinese and holds a certificate for Business Chinese translation.