- To have knowledge and skills to be a Risk Management Champion for the organisation
- Able to implement the hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures in accordance with organisational WSH policy effectively
- Able to identify what other action to take to be able to fulfill on the completion date
On completion of this unit, learners will acquire the knowledge and skills to be a Risk Management Champion for the organisation in reducing risks at source by managing the risk and management process at workplace and for recognition of bizSAFE level 2 by Workplace Safety and Health Council.
It involves developing a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation which identify specific actions to be taken, by whom and time for their completion. It also entails formation of risk management team, risk assessment, controlling and monitoring the risks, communicating these risks to all persons involved and in compliance with the Risk Management Code of Practice.
There will also be coverage on SGSecure. The intent of introducing SGSecure into bizSAFE Programme are as follows:
- to sensitize employers and employees to the terror threat and the importance for workplaces to be prepared;
- raise capabilities of workplaces to respond to and recover from a terror attack; and
- build understanding and trust among co-workers so that the workforce remains cohesive in the aftermath of an attack.
The occupations that this unit would be relevant to include but not limited to:
- Health & Safety personnel
- Line Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- RIsk Management Champions
- Verify the expecatations of a risk management champion with relevant person in accordance with organisational Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policy
- Form a risk management team based on organisational WSH policy and in compliance with WSH (Risk Management) Regulations requirements
- Establish hazard identification methodology for the workplace to identify WSH hazards associated with any work activity or trade
- Establish risk control measures methodology for the workplace to manage the identified risks to a level as low as reasonably particable by following the principles of hierarchy of control
- Develop a workplace risk management plan to implement the hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures in accordance with organisational WSH policy
- Present the risk management plan to relevant stakeholders for consideration in accordance with organisational procedures
- Communicate the identified hazard, risk evaluated, and implemented risk control measures to the person concerned in accordance with risk management plan
- 14 hours (training hours)
- 2 hours (written assessment)
- 15 minutes (face-to-face interview that will take place 1 week later after course end)
* The schedule of the interview session will be informed during the class.
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.