How would you like to have staff who not only performs well, is motivated and fits into the team? It starts with hiring the right person and this requires effective interviewing and selection skills from the interviewer. Hiring a misfit can be very expensive and detrimental to the organization. Instead of using gut feeling, a behavioural-based approach can minimize the risk of hiring the wrong person.
In this one day course, participants will be able to :
- Understand the principles and benefits of behavioural-based interviews
- Design and plan for a structured interview process
- Link job description to job competencies
- Formulate and apply behavioural-based questions for interviews
- Know the different methods to assess the candidate
- Take appropriate follow up actions after the interview
Human Resource and Line Managers/Supervisors/Executives who wants to take a reliable and effective approach towards conducting interviews
The course content is as follows:
- Understanding behavioural-based interviews
- Planning before the interview, one-on-one versus panel interview
- Design behavioural-based questions to assess competencies of candidates
- Effective skills in listening and probing to get the most out of interviews
- Use of various methods to increase validity in assessment of candidates
- Apply professional and fair employment practices at interviews
- Follow up actions after the interview (eg onboarding programme)
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.