- Core module under nationally recognized diploma in security management.
- Gain knowledge and skills to conduct an effective security audit.
- Recommend a series of cost-effective security solutions to clients confidently.
This course enables trainees to develop a set of skills and knowledge to conduct an effective security audit, and recommend a series of cost-effective security solutions. Trainee's level of competency in security project management shall also be elevated.
- Obtained Advanced Certificate in Security Supervision and at least a 'N' Level educational qualification
- At least an 'O' Level educational qualification with at least 2 years of working experience
- Participants with the following competency ratings from the Employability Skills are eligible:
- Listening/Speaking Min. Level 7
- Reading/Writing Min. Level 7
- Numeracy Min. Level 7
- Security Supervisors with Full Advance Certificate
- Security Agency Manager
- Security Operations Manager
- Chief Security Officer
- Security Executives
- PMET individual who meet the minimum requirement pre-requisites
Prepare for Security Audit
- Analyse and understand rationale for conduct of audit
- Define accurately audit objectives
- Identify any constraints impacting on audit
- Identify interests of regulatory bodies and other parties
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times
Conduct Security Audit
- Conduct audit accurately to cover all physical characteristics, environmental factors and existing security arrangements of premises
- Identify and assess accurately security and other risks against audit objectives
- Review audit objectives
- Document audit objectives, outcome and recommendations clearly
- Present audit report to management within agreed timeframe
Confirm Security Requirements
- Confirm security objectives are in accordance with security requirements, organizational plans, goals and audit findings
- Assess performance targets, resource availability and operational constraints in security operational plan
- Acquire and allocate resource and security systems/equipment requirements in accordance with operational plan
- Comply with relevant legislative requirements pertaining to security operations
- Comply with organizational requirements, pertaining to security operations
Co-ordinate and Monitor Security Operations
- Use established organizational system to co-ordinate and monitor security operations against work schedules to ensure implementation is within stipulated timeframes and resources constraints in accordance with organizational procedures
- Check maintenance plan for security systems/equipment is current and is carried out in accordance with system requirements
- Check procedures are in place to meet exigencies in the event of system/equipment failure
- Implement corrective actions for non-conformances consistent with organizational procedures and budgetary constraints
- Check established communication channels and processes facilitate smooth flow of information
Review and Report Status of Security Operations
- Review status of security operations and forward report with any further recommendations to appropriate person
- Maintain records in accordance with legislative and organizational requirements
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.