What's In It For Me
- Core module under nationally recognized diploma in security management.
- Be able to interpret legal and licensing requirements to operate a security agency.
- Implement the agency's rights and obligations as the employer of security personnel confidently
The course enables trainees to Interpret legal and licensing requirements to operate security agency, implement agency‘s rights and obligations as employer of security personnel, implement agency‘s obligations to client‘s intellectual property, analyze legal implications in common premises where security personnel are deployed and apply understanding of security agency‘s legal powers, rights and responsibilities at work.
- Obtained Advanced Certificate in Security Supervision and at least a "N" level educational qualification
- At least an "O" level educational qualification with at least 2 years of working experience
- Participants with the following competency ratings from the Employability Skills are eligible:
- Listening/Speaking Min. Level 7
- Reading/Writing Min. Level 7
- Numeracy Min. Level 7
- Chief Security Officers
- Operations Executive
- Operations Manager
- Security Manager
Interpret legal and licensing requirements to operate security agency
- Demonstrate understanding and complying with statutory and legal framework to provide quality security services to clients including meeting eligibility requirements and relevant legislation that govern operation of security agency.
- Identify security agency‘s obligation to fulfill security services contractual requirements.
- Plan to fulfill obligations as stipulated in security services contractual requirements.
Implement agency‘s rights and obligations as employer of security personnel
- Ascertain statutory and regulatory requirements relating to recruitment and selection of manpower.
- Remunerate security personnel appropriately as stated in the terms of employment contract with security personnel.
- Provide adequate employment entitlement to security personnel in line with Employment Act.
- Provide basic working conditions and welfare to security personnel in line with Employment Act.
- Establish circumstances for disciplinary procedures / termination of contract / dismissal of security personnel in line with Employment Act.
- Review periodically to ensure security personnel‘s rights and obligations are fulfilled according to employment contract. In the event of problems arising from non-conformance, take appropriate actions to address situations according to organisational procedures.
Implement agency‘s obligation to client‘s intellectual property
- Identify circumstances where client‘s intellectual property is to be protected.
- Evaluate risks associated with managing client‘s intellectual property.
- Develop strategies to address identified risk factors. Strategies implemented to fulfil security agency‘s obligations to client‘s requirements are within statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out security agency‘s obligation to protect client‘s intellectual property.
Analyze legal implications in common types of premises where security personnel are deployed
- Identify common scenarios faced in different types of premises.
- Establish rights and duties of occupiers of premises under common law and legislation and role of security agency in supporting occupiers.
- Deploy security personnel to respective client‘s premises.
Apply understanding of security agency‘s legal powers, rights and responsibilities at work
- Demonstrate understanding of security agency‘s authority, rights and responsibilities towards public.
- Identify consequences of exceeding security agency‘s legal authorities when dealing with public.
- Interpret penal code offences.
- Interpret criminal procedure code for handling suspects committing criminal and civil offences at work premises.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant parts of security-related general law that facilitate in managing security personnel at work.
- Identify security personnel‘s accountability and limits of authority when carrying out duties.
- Demonstrate understanding of circumstances in which agency is liable for civil liabilities.
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.