This unit covers basic principles in working within/ around confined space. It includes the knowledge and skills for the use of appropriate gas testing equipment and methods, to obtain representative results for the assessment of atmospheric condition in confined space for safe entry and work. The skills and knowledge covered will enable the learners to be appointed as confined space safety assessor under the relevant regulations.
Course Entry Requirements:
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Numeracy Level 6 or
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level for Mathematics
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science (Chemistry and Physics)
A) Other relevant skills/ working experience: WSH Skills & Knowledge equivalent to Certificate in WSH
B) 3 years of relevant working experience in operations and co-ordination of safety work.
- Prepare for confined space assessment
- Identify hazards and take measures in confined space
- Conduct gas testing to ascertain the atmospheric condition in the confined space is safe for entry
- Participate in risk control and emergency response for entry into and working in a confined space
- Monitor the confined space conditions and control measures for safe working
What's In It For Me
- To enable the learners to be appointed as confined space safety assessor under the relevant regulations.
- To prepare the learners for confined space assessment.
- To identify hazards and take measures in confined space.
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.