Under the WSH Act 2006, (Scaffolds), it is mandatory for all persons who want to be a scaffold supervisor to undergo training approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety & Health from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be able to identify and clearly explain the following:
- Material Reqirements for scaffolding
- Safety in erection and dismantling of scaffold including hazard identification and risk assessment
- The WSH Act 2006 (Scaffolds)
- Prepare and implement the scaffold inspection checklist
- Requirements, purposes and key points for consideration when selecting different types of scaffolds
- Physically fit and above 18 years old
- Participants must provide a copy of their scaffold erector’s certificate from any MOM Accredited Training Provider
- Safety shoes and proper attire (no singlet/ shorts/ bermudas) are COMPULSORY for all trainees.
This course is suitable for all metal scaffold erectors who want to be metal scaffold supervisors.
- Introduction to Scaffold Systems
- Scaffolding Materials & Parts
- Frame Scaffolding Requirements
- Birdcage Scaffolding Requirements
- Suspended Scaffolding Requirements
- Scaffolding Regulations in Singapore
- Preparation & Formulation of Inspection Checklist
- Basic Risk Assessment on Scaffolding Safety
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.