Blockchain is hailed as a major disruptor to many industries, but what exactly is it? Blockchain technology is currently a hot topic in the Tech industry and display great exponential growth in usage, but how can it be used? This one-day course provides a general overview of this technology and designs to answer: What exactly is Blockchain? How does Blockchain Technology work? Why should your organisation's business consider this? Where and for what apps is it appropriate? Who is using it and for what? How do I Implement this? What is the future for Blockchain?
- Understand how blockchain came about and its development over the last few years
- Understand the basic concepts and core principles of blockchain technology
- Learn the benefits of Blockchain and its use cases
- Gain understanding on the adoption and implementation of Blockchain
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25
This course is designed for non-technical business executives who are tasked with making business decisions about leveraging Blockchain technology in their businesses, requiring basic knowledge about Blockchain and how it will be executed within an organization. The executives include:
- Key management staff such as CEO, CTO, CIO
- Key Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- IT Consultants
- Project Managers
- Systems Integrators
- Sales & Business Development Executives
- Government officials
Mode of Assessment
- What is Blockchain?
- Technology Overview
- History of Blockchain
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) & Blockchain
- Non-Technical Technology Overview
- Public Ledgers
- Key Concepts such as on Cryptography, Hashes, Distributed & Peer to Peer Technologies
- Digital Tokens
- Smart Contracts
- Bitcoin Mining
- Security concepts such as on Authorization & Authentication
- Benefits of Blockchain
- Value of Blockchain
- Value of Smart Contracts
- Role & Value of Digital Tokens
- Common misconceptions about Blockchain and Limitations
- Use Cases
- When is it appropriate or not appropriate to use Blockchain?
- Digital Wallets & Payment Systems
- Money Transfers, Transaction Tracking & Management
- Record Keeping and Asset Management
- Financial Settlements, Securities Transactions and Contracts
- Industry Adoption
- Who is using it and for what?
- Financial Services such as for Banking, Insurance, Securities & Trading Industry
- Legal, Healthcare, Real Estate, Education, Supply Chain Industry
- How do I get started?
- Requirements Definition & Business Use Case
- Proof of Concept Development
- Tools & Technology Infrastructure
- Deployment Strategy
- What does it cost to use this technology?
- Future of Blockchain
- What is its future?
- Industry Outlook
Students will be required to complete a paper-based assessment during class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with the following SOA by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG):
- ICT-SNA-4003-1.1 Strategy and Architecture
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.