As managers, we have the critical responsibility of managing team performance to ensure that organisational goals are achieved. To do that, we need to take steps to create a high-performing team and prevent dysfunctional behaviour amongst team members. This was well put by John Maxwell.
Most teams dont naturally get better on their own. Left alone, they dont grow, improve Instead, they tend to wind down then it inevitably slides down.
In this course, the learner will possess the ability to develop and implement team plans to support organisational priorities. It includes managing team performance to achieve business results and rewarding team performance.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Develop Team Plan to Achieve Success
- Manage and Reward Team Performance
- Monitor Team Performance
Recommended minimum English proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills Workforce skills Qualifications (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy Level 4.
Professionals (Managers) who aspire to be groomed to manage achievement of results across teams.
1. Develop Team Plan to Achieve Success
The topics include:
- Organisational policies and procedures relating to development of team plans, identification and management of risks, remuneration and performance management
- Theories and concepts on performance management and incentives
- Market trends and developments in relation to remuneration and performance management
- Work with team leaders to develop team plans in accordance to expected performance
- Identify, request and allocate resources required for teams to implement the team plans
- Identify the success criteria to evaluate team performance
- Identify and monitor potential risks of strategic impact to business objectives to develop mitigation strategies
- Consult stakeholders to obtain inputs and garner support on team plans
2. Manage and Reward Team Performance
The topics include:
- Legal and ethical considerations relating to the management and reward of team performance
- Relevant professional or industry codes of practice and standards relating to remuneration and performance management
- The relationship between business objectives and the development and implementation of business plans and processes at departmental level
- Manage and reward team leader performance in accordance with organisational policies and procedures to achieve expected performance
3. Monitor Team Performance
The topics include:00
John Maxwell Highlights:
- The relationship between high level strategy and the development and implementation of performance plans and processes at the departmental levels
- Implications and impact on employees and the organisation arising from team planning process, risk management processes, remuneration and performance management processes
- Provide regular feedback to team leaders to maintain awareness of expected and actual performance to make improvement
- Support team leaders to manage issues relating to employee performance to achieve team results
- Gather and analyse data on team performance using appropriate methods and prepare recommendations to enhance future activities and performance of the team
- Assess emotional states of team leaders and respond appropriately to emotional cues when managing performance across teams to ensure individual needs are addressed
- Keep abreast of performance management processes by subscribing to diverse learning channels and participating in peer discussions to enhance own competence in managing performance management
Create a winning spirit across your team. Discover insights on The 360 Leader and Living The Laws of Leadership.
Mode of Assessment
Participants would be assessed through course assessment exercises.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Participants who have successfully demonstrated competence in all the knowledge and skills requirements in this programme will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This programme is offered on a modular basis only.
- Mapped to WSQ Monitor and Reward Performance Across Teams to Manage Achievement of Results
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.