This programme will train & place you as an IT System Administrator. You could receive up to 90% funding* on your training and job placement assistance* to ensure a smooth transition to your new IT job role.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Acquire System Administration Skills
Learn how to install, configure, implement and administer Microsoft Windows Server 2016, manage Cisco network devices, handle IT projects and adopt best practices in IT services to prepare yourself for an IT System Administrator job.
Mentor-Led Blended Learning Delivery
We deliver blended learning through a combination of self-paced e-learning, instructor-led flipped classes and personalised mentoring with industry practitioners to greatly increase your efficiency and effectiveness in acquiring knowledge and skills.
Job Placement Assistance
We will assist you in getting hired with more than 50 hiring employers working with us.
Up to 90% Funding
Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents can receive up to 90% funding* from SkillsFuture Singapore and further subsidies using your SkillsFuture credit and Post-Secondary Education Account.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Minimum ‘N’ Level with 1 year of systems support experience
Tech professionals who are keen to acquire server, network and project management skills to transit into an IT System Administrator job role.
IT Service Management
- Determine systems maintenance procedures based on industry’s best practices and service-level agreements
- Identify resources to provide equipment and software maintenance based on industry’s best practices and service-level agreements
- Implement maintenance procedures based on industry’s best practices and service-level agreements
- Revise maintenance procedures by continuous monitoring of service levels
Install and Configure Server
- Solve the network challenges with switched LAN technology
- Perform initial router start-up and configuration
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP and OSPF in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbours on the network and manage the router start-up and configuration
- Implement OSPF Troubleshooting OSPF
- Establish Internet connectivity Operate a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, spanning tree and basic routing
- Troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP in an IPv4 environment and configure EIGRP for IPv6
- Prepare and install Windows Server 2016 including Server Core and plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Enterprise storage solutions and select the appropriate solution for a given situation.
- Implement and manage Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication.
- Install and configure Microsoft Hyper-V and configure virtual machines.
- Deploy, configure and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers.
- High availability and disaster recovery technologies in Windows Server 2016.
- Plan, create and manage a failover cluster.
- Implement failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Configure a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster and plan for an NLB implementation.
- Create and manage deployment images.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain virtual machine installations.
Configure Advanced Server
- Install and configure domain controllers. Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments. Implement AD DS sites and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs). Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts. Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates. Implement and administer AD FS. Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Implementing WSUS and deploying updates.
IT Project Management
- Plan and implement an IPv4 and IPv6 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan & implement Remote access and Direct Access.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs) and networking for branch offices.
- Implement Software Defined Networking.
- Describe the role of Project Manager
- Analyse the relationship between portfolio management, program management, organizational project management
- Evaluate different process groups
- Plan and validate project scope
- Create WBS
- Estimate project costs
- Plan a project schedule
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
ACTA Certified and Industry Practitioner
All our trainers are WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) certified and industry practitioner who can impart real-world experience through actual work examples or case studies.