Having a structured framework and the right skill set will give you the self-assurance and security to deliver effective presentations that convince and compel your audience.
Delivering Impactful Presentations is a highly practical course that will enable you to develop core presentation skills and give you the opportunity to practise these skills in a safe and friendly environment.
In this two-day course, participants will be given practical tools and hands-on techniques of making an influential, convincing and successful presentation.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply 5-Points of an Impactful Presentation.
- Define & organize audience centric importance, purpose and outcomes.
- Understand the audience and appeal to their needs.
- Develop clear messages aligned to the audience centric outcome.
- Adopt effective verbal and non-verbal strategies to display passion, energy and enthusiasm.
- Manage self before presentation.
- Prepare effective visuals to complement effective presentation.
- Apply strategies to manage awkward situations and difficult questions.
- Conclude presentation with concise call for action.
Anyone who does presentations and produces presentation slides for any purpose, such as internal communication within an organisation, business presentations and training, etc.
Introduction & 2-minutes of Fame
- Introduction to the session
- 2-minute recorded induction for each participant
Role of Presentation
- What is the role of a presentation
- What is the role of the audience
- What is the role of the presenter
Creating Audience Centric Purpose
- Defining importance, purpose & outcome for all parties
- Formulating narratives for self and articulate importance for audience
- Creating audience centric focus
Who's Your Audience?
- Classify audience at the presentation
- Identify styles for specific audience
- Integrate diversity to suit various audience
Designing Clear & Concise Message (Part I)
- Identify appropriate content, structure and visual aids
- Design the desired message
- Validate the desired message
- Explore opening, content & close
Designing Clear & Concise Message (Part II)
- Components of opening, opening & close
- Develop strong start and finish
- Formulate lead-in and wrap-ups
Apply Impactful Presentation Through Verbal/Non-verbal Skills
- Rehearsal and preparation for presentation
- Confidence building
- Apply effective verbal skills - positive language, articulation, pronunciation
- Apply effective non-verbal skills - body language, vocal energy
Manage Awkward Situations
- Effective techniques in managing stage fright
- Handling difficult questions/situations
- Other strategies in managing less disruptive presentations
- 5-minute recorded presentation
- Integrating techniques into impactful presentation
- Creating call to action
- Feedback from audience and facilitator
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Raymond Thomas is a facilitator, trainer and performance improvement coach. He has more than 21 years experience, collaborating with both local and multinational organisations. His area of expertise is in the fields of
leadership, operations, sales and marketing.
Raymond has a Master's Degree in Business Administration (State University of New York at Buffalo, USA) and a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineer (Swinburne University of Technology, Australia). He is also certified in the ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) Program and a Certified Behavioural & Career Consultant (Institute of Motivational Living).
His approach to training and coaching is both inspirational and experiential. He is well-known to initiate class activities that are both motivational & paradigm shifting for new managers.