This one-day workshop will show participants the skills and strategies to become a more confident, persuasive speaker – especially in presentations to a Board or other decision-making group. They will learn how to focus their presentation to the group, create and prepare a presentation that not only achieves its outcome, but also creates a positive, memorable impression with all in attendance. They will prepare confidently for any questions and know how to lead them to the required decision.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
They will also have the opportunity to deliver in a real-life scenario and receive detailed feedback to allow them to maximise strengths and fix any areas needing correction.
- Analyse an audience to choose the most relevant content and approach
- Structure and write a powerful, easy-to-deliver, memorable presentation
- Identify ways to make complex information easy to understand
- Prepare and accompanying slideshow that facilitates understanding
- Prepare for questions
- Facilitate a discussion leading to a confident decision
- Speak confidently in ‘off-the-cuff’ situations
You as a Speaker
- Where the message really comes from
- The mistakes most speakers make – and how to avoid them
- How audiences are changing – and what it takes to engage them
- Understanding your presentation ‘persona’
- Board/Panel/Committee Member Analysis Checklist
- Appealing to their self-interest
- Gaining their attention – and holding it
- Structuring your presentation
- Openings that grab attention
- Conclusions that motivate to action
- Linkages and imagery that create memorability
- Slide-shows and other technology
- Spoken language – and how it is different to the written language
- Phraseology that is easy to deliver with impact and stays in your listeners’ minds
- Components and methodologies that maintain engagement
- The use of narrative
- The use of humour
- Preparation Checklist
- Your Voice
- Your Body Language
- Visual Aids
- Use of the speaking space
- Preparation for video attendees
- Prompt notes
- Maintaining the appearance of spontaneity
- The question & answer session
- Impromptu Speaking
- Application of skills and techniques
- Delivery in the typical scenario
- Identifying strengths and points for improvement
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Kevin Ryan is an experienced conference speaker, workshop leader, facilitator and MC. He has twenty-five years of experience as a corporate trainer and fifteen years experience as a professional speaker.
He speaks at conferences and seminars across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and in the UK specialising in the areas of sales negotiations, customer service, humour in business and communication skills. His clients include large corporations, government departments, and small to medium size enterprises.
He has co-authored nine books on business communication skills and humour in business that are used extensively throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the UK and South Africa. He writes regular columns on communication skills, sales & customer service and humour in business for a number of industry magazines. He is the creator of the TILT! Selling program.