This course will give an introduction into the latest state of the art in Augmented Reality (AR) technology and will give an overview of current AR applications in industry and education. This one-day course will start with lectures about the fundamentals of AR including feature recognition and tracking. In the following, an overview about hardware developments and devices will be given. The course will also contain a hands-on session where participants will have the opportunity to use the Fraunhofer in-house library visionLib to create some simple AR demos. The course will conclude with an overview and demonstration of real world applications in various industry and education sectors. Objectives Participants will learn about the fundamentals of AR. They will also get an overview of current AR technologies, AR libraries and toolkits and learn about possibilities and limitations in creating AR applications for real-world use cases.
To be eligible for SkillsFuture Series subsidy, participants:
- must be Singaporeans or Permanent Residents of Singapore
* Participants who do not fulfill the above criteria are not eligible for SkillsFuture Series funding, and are required to pay the course fee in full.
Software application developers and programmers interested in creating Augmented Reality solutions. Business developers interested in Augmented Reality and applications. Anybody interested in learning about Augmented Reality fundamentals, hardware and applications.
1) Fundamentals of Augmented Reality
• A brief history of AR
• Tracking principles
• AR displays and hardware
2) Hands-on demonstration of exemplary AR applications
• AR for mobile maintenance
• AR for education and training
3) Overview of AR toolkits and introduction to Fraunhofer´s AR library
4) Hands-on creation of simple AR demo on a tablet computer
|Course Date, Time||Reg. Closes On|
|1||03 Apr' 19, 9.00am to 5.00pm||31 Mar' 19||Register Now|
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore