What's In It For Me - Learn to plan and configure the integration between Office 365 and Azure RMS. - Learn to monitor and review Office 365 services, and troubleshoot Office 365 issues. - Prepares you for the exams 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements and 70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services to obtain the MCSA: Office 365 certification. Course Overview NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF030 SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0031398-IT Microsoft Course Code: 20347 This is a 5-day instructor-led training (ILT) course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying, and operating Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. This course focuses on skills required to set up an Office 365 tenant, including federation with existing user identities, and skills required to sustain an Office 365 tenant and its users.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan an Office 365 deployment, configure the Office 365 tenant, and plan a pilot deployment.
- Manage Office 365 users, groups, and licenses, and configure delegated administration.
- Plan and configure client connectivity to Office 365.
- Plan and configure directory synchronization between Azure AD and on-premises AD DS.
- Plan and implement the deployment of Office 365 ProPlus.
- Plan and manage Exchange Online recipients and permissions.
- Plan and configure Exchange Online services.
- Plan and implement the Skype for Business Online deployment.
- Plan and configure SharePoint Online.
- Plan and configure an Office 365 collaboration solution that includes Yammer Enterprise, OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 groups.
- Plan and configure the integration between Office 365 and Azure RMS, and configure compliance features in Office 365.
- Monitor and review Office 365 services, and troubleshoot Office 365 issues.
- Plan and implement identity federation between on-premises AD DS and Azure AD.
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with AD DS.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later is beneficial but not required.
This course will provide experienced IT professionals with the training that they need to plan, configure, and manage an Office 365 environment. Students who attend this course are expected to have a fairly broad understanding of several on-premises technologies such as Domain Name System (DNS) and AD DS, and a general understanding of Exchange Server, Microsoft Lync Server or Skype for Business Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
This course also is intended as preparation material for IT professionals who are looking to take the exams 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements and 70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services to obtain the MCSA: Office 365 certification.
Module 1: Planning and provisioning Office 365
This module reviews the features of Office 365 and identifies recent improvements to the service. Additionally, it describes how to configure an Office 365 tenant and plan for a pilot deployment
Module 2: Managing Office 365 users and groups
- Overview of Office 365
- Provisioning an Office 365 tenant
- Planning a pilot deployment
This module describes how to manage Office 365 users, groups, and licenses, and configure administrative access by using the Office 365 console and the Windows PowerShell command-line interface
Module 3: Configuring client connectivity to Microsoft Office 365
- Managing user accounts and licenses
- Managing passwords and authentication
- Managing security groups in Office 365
- Managing Office 365 users and groups with Windows PowerShell
- Configuring administrative access
This module describes the different types of client software that you can use to connect to Office 365, and the infrastructure requirements that the clients need to meet to connect to Office 365. In addition, this module teaches you how to configure different types of Office 365 clients
Module 4: Planning and configuring directory synchronization
- Planning for Office 365 clients
- Planning connectivity for Office 365 clients
- Configuring connectivity for Office 365 clients
This module describes how to plan and configure directory synchronization between Azure AD and on-premises AD DS
Module 5: Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing Office 365 identities with directory synchronization
This module covers the planning process, how to make Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus directly available to end users, and how to deploy it as a managed package. Finally, this module covers how to set up Office telemetry so that administrators can keep track of how users are interacting with Microsoft Office
Module 6: Planning and managing Exchange Online recipients and permissions
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Planning and managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Planning and managing centralized deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Office telemetry and reporting
This module describes Exchange Online and explains how to create and manage recipient objects and how to manage and delegate Exchange security
Module 7: Planning and configuring Exchange Online services
- Overview of Exchange Online
- Managing Exchange Online recipients
- Planning and configuring Exchange Online permissions
This module describes how to plan and configure Exchange Online services. It also explains how to plan and configure anti-malware and anti-spam settings in Office 365
Module 8: Planning and deploying Skype for Business Online
- Planning and configuring email flow in Office 365
- Planning and configuring email protection in Office 365
- Planning and configuring client access policies
- Migrating to Exchange Online
This module describes how to plan and implement the Skype for Business Online deployment. This module also describes how to plan voice integration with Skype for Business Online
Module 9: Planning and configuring SharePoint Online
- Planning and configuring Skype for Business Online service settings
- Configuring Skype for Business Online users and client connectivity
- Planning voice integration with Skype for Business Online
This module describes the administrative features available within SharePoint Online and the most common configuration tasks for any administrator who starts using SharePoint Online. This module also describes the concept of site collections and the different sharing options within SharePoint Online. A brief overview of additional portals, such as the video portal, are also provided
Module 10: Planning and configuring a Office 365 collaboration solution
- Configuring SharePoint Online services
- Planning and configuring SharePoint site collections
- Planning and configuring external user sharing
This module describes how to plan and implement a SharePoint collaboration solution, and how to enable Yammer Enterprise services within Office 365 and OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 groups
Module 11: Planning and configuring rights management and compliance
- Planning and managing Yammer Enterprise
- Planning and configuring OneDrive for Business
- Configuring Office 365 groups and Microsoft Teams
This module describes the compliance features in Office 365 and explains how to manage them. In addition, it describes how to plan and configure Microsoft Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS). Additionally, it discusses the security features in Office 365.
Module 12: Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365
- Overview of the compliance features in Office 365
- Planning and configuring Azure Rights Management in Office 365
- Managing the compliance features in Office 365
This module describes how to monitor and review Office 365 services, and troubleshoot Office 365 issues
Module 13: Planning and configuring identity federation
- Troubleshooting Office 365
- Monitoring Office 365 service health
This module describes how to plan and implement identity federation between on-premises AD DS and Azure AD
- Understanding identity federation
- Planning an AD FS deployment
- Deploy AD FS for identity federation with Office 365
- Planning and implementing hybrid solutions (Optional)
5 Days / 39 Hours
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer : Trainee ratio is 1:16
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.