What's In It For Me A global and significant, lifetime mark of knowledge and proficiency. Competitive lead that will differentiate you from other professionals. Higher earnings and greater career growth. The benefits of becoming part of a leading professional network. The ability to leverage the tools and resources of a global community of industry experts. As a CGEIT certified professional, you demonstrate your capability of bringing IT governance into an organization. Course Overview This course is scheduled for launch in Q2 2018 - Q3 2018. To express your interest in this course, please fill up our form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6MBPSFV. We will contact you when we get closer to course launch date. CGEIT - Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT - is the most widely accepted certification for an Information Systems Risk and Control professional. This four days class room based training will primarily enable you to prepare for the CGEIT Examination and pass at the first appearance. Achieve the key objectives of: Identify, analyze, treat and manage IS risk and how it relates to the overall organization. Design, implement, monitor & maintain the risk-based and effective IS Control of the Enterprise. Achieve the Compliance with regulatory requirements.
- How is the framework for the governance of enterprise IT defined, established, and managed in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the enterprise.
- How the achievement of enterprise objectives ensure that IT enables and supports through the integration and alignment of IT strategic plans with enterprise strategic plans.
- Ensure that IT-enabled investments are managed to deliver optimized business benefits and that benefit realization outcome and performance measures are established, evaluated and progress is reported to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that an IT risk management framework exists to identify, analyse, mitigate, manage, monitor, and communicate IT-related business risk, and that the framework for IT risk management is in alignment with the enterprise risk management (ERM) framework.
- Ensure the optimization of IT resources including information, services, infrastructure and applications, and people, to support the achievement of enterprise objectives.
No pre-requisites are imposed to take this course or to appear for the CGEIT certification examination or to gain competency in the NICF SkillsFuture, Technical Skill and Competencies.
It is strongly recommended that participants need to possess:
- Minimum five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice areas.
- Experience in information security management is mandatory.
- Experience in general information security optional.
- At least a graduate degree qualification, with or without a major (honours).
- Appropriate managerial skills with knowledge of relevant tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in English language equivalent to the GCE O Level is expected.
ISACA recommends IT and business professionals, which include:
- IS/IT Directors.
- IS/IT Managers.
- IS/IT Consultants.
- IT Governance Professionals.
- IS/IT Executives
IT and business professionals who have significant management, advisory, or assurance roles relating to the governance of enterprise IT.
Everyone interested to gain knowledge in,
- Understanding, identifying and assessing the framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT.
- The strategies of effective IS management and realization of benefit to enterprise.
- Optimization of resources and risk.
Introduction to Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
Domain 1 Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT
- A Risk and Information Systems Control Professional: Objectives and Expectations.
- Professional Managers in Information Systems: need and priorities.
- ISACA Code of Professional Ethics.
- Examination information and inputs.
- Certification Prerequisites, Application, Maintenance and Renewal.
Domain 2 Strategic Management
- Identifying, understanding and emphasize on the mission, vision and values of the enterprise.
- Ensure the definition, establishment, and management of a framework for the governance of enterprise IT.
- Ensure alignment of framework for the governance of enterprise IT with the enterprises business objective.
Domain 3 Benefits Realization
- Ensure that the baseline of achievement of enterprise objectives are set.
- Establish the need and method of integrating and aligning of IT strategic plans with enterprise strategic plans.
- Ensure that IT enables and supports the alignment of IT strategic plans with enterprise strategic plans.
Domain 4 Risk Optimization
- Ensuring that IT-enabled investments are managed.
- Ensuring that IT-enabled investments deliver optimized business benefits.
- Ensuring that that optimized business benefit realization outcome and performance measures are established, evaluated and progress is reported to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that business benefits and the realization outcome and performance measures are established and evaluated.
- Ensure that business benefits and the realization outcome and performance progress are reported to key stakeholders.
Domain 5 Resource Optimization
- Ensure that an IT risk management framework exists for the IT-related business risk.
- Ensure that the framework is used to identify, analyse, mitigate, manage, monitor, and communicate IT-related business risk.
- Ensure that the enterprise risk management (ERM) framework is identified and understood.
- Ensure that the framework for IT risk management is in alignment with the enterprise risk management (ERM) framework.
Examination Preparation and Techniques
- Ensure that the baseline of achievement of enterprise objectives are identified and understood.
- Ensure the optimization of IT resources including information, services, infrastructure and applications, and people are conducted.
- Ensure the optimization support the enterprise objectives.
Mode of Assessment
- Understand how questions are structured.
- Preparing for the CGEIT Examination.
- Recommended Reading for the CGEIT Examination.
- Exam Favorites.
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
After completing the course coupled with the necessary experience, a student may proceed to undertake the ISACAs CGEIT certification examination.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with these NICF SOAs:
Official ISACA CGEIT Certification Examination
- Manage IT to support business goals. ICT-SNA-5016-1.1 [IT-CIO-514S-1]
- Review reports and formulate action plan. ICT-OUS-5011-1.1 [IT-CIO-504S-1]
Only after students pass the Certification Examination, they will have to apply to ISACAs to receive the CGEIT Certificate.
5 Days / 40 Hours
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English.
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25.
A student would need to register at the ISACA web portal to schedule for the examination for CGEIT organized by PSI after paying the necessary fee. There are a few examination centers in Singapore.
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.