What's In It For Me Have a brief understanding of what is Agile Project management all about Describe about the concepts in Scrum methodology Course Overview NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF029 SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0031558-IT Agile is the buzz word in the industry as of now for Project Management. This methodology describes about how to embrace change. The main advantage of agile is working on the customers changing requirements and bringing value to the organization. The purpose of this one day Agile and Scrum Foundation is to enable the professionals to know how to deliver incrementally and iteratively and what is advantage of using agile over traditional approach.
- Understand Agile Framework
- Understand Agile methodology
- Understand SCRUM methodology
- Understand Project Management in the modern way
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
But it is recommended that participants:
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Understand traditional project management practices such as SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) or PMI-PMP (Project Management Professional)
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25
- Anyone aspiring to know what is agile methodology.
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted.
- Product management professionals who are working on iterative and incremental delivery.
Introduction to agile
- Agile methodology
- Difference between traditional waterfall approach and agile
- Differentiate iterative, incremental and agile methods
Principles of agile (building blocks of agile)
- What makes agile unique
- What are the enticing factors in agile
- Why agile is the trend?
Scrum - definition
- What to take note of, whenever agile is going to be planned
- What are the building blocks of agile
- Why agile? Myths and facts about agile? Benefits of agile
- How agile is addressing the current issues
- Why should organization consider agile
- What is scrum methodology?
- Why companies move to scrum?
- Comparison overview of all methodologies
Scrum - the cutting edge Methodology
- Advantage of scrum
- How scrum is agile?
Roles and events
- Description of the different facets of scrum
- Considerations for implementing scrum
- Product owner
- Scrum master
- Development team
- Product vision statement
- User story creation
- Daily scrum
1 Days / 8 Hours
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with these NICF SOAs:
- IT-RLT-301E-1 Maintain team relationships
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
NTUC Learninghub Pte Ltd (Executive Arm of NTUC LearningHub)
NTUC LearningHub® employs industry experienced and vendor certified instructors. These instructors are required to achieve sufficient qualifications before leading a class. In addition, we work with partners to deliver the latest course materials and computer facilities so that students can learn critical skills and prepare for the examinations.