Is your inbox overflowing? Are you still waiting for important information that you asked for last week?
This highly practical workshop helps you to develop the email writing skills needed to manage your daily workload and achieve your long-term professional goals.
You will be introduced to the 6 Cs of email writing and learn how to adapt your emails to different types of readers.
You will also write emails and receive feedback from your trainer and other course participants on how to improve.
- Feel more confident in your ability to write effective and professional emails
- Understand how to use emails to develop better working relationships
- Know your own strengths and weaknesses and have some specific strategies to improve
Anyone who wants to write emails more effectively and efficiently.
INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
- Are you a professional email writer?
- The 6 Cs of email writing
- Managing your inbox
- Having a clear purpose
- Knowing what you want to achieve
- Adapting to your audience
CHOOSING A STRUCTURE
- Deciding on BLADE or ODAC
- Aligning structure to purpose and audience
MAKING INITIAL CONTACT
- Using appropriate levels of formality
- Creating subject headings
WRITING REPLIES AND FOLLOW-UP EMAILS
- Getting the tone right
- Plain English
- Managing email threads
- Summarising information
GETTING THE ACTION YOU WANT
- Writing persuasively
- Making actions clear
- Giving bad news in a good way
- The power of positive language
- Applying the 6 Cs of email writing
Available Course Sessions
||Course Date, Time
||Reg. Closes On
||03 Dec' 18 to 04 Dec' 18, 9.00am to 5.00pm
||30 Nov' 18
British Council - Corporate Training
All our trainers have internationally recognised teaching qualifications as well as knowledge in specialised business fields.