TMC Certificate in IT Infrastructure Support, Monitoring and Cyber Security is mapped to Technology & Operations – IBF Level 2 (CU 10: IT Infrastructure Support & Monitoring) course is specially aimed for new employees and professionals with up to three years’ experience who are in the Technology & Operations (T&O), or support the Banking and Financial Services Industry. Assessment There will be blended learning activities during the course for you to apply and practise the topics covered in this module as the following: Lab Tasks Case Studies Interactive Quizzes Role Play There will be an assessment comprising a coursework assignment, and a closed book examination that will be assessed towards the end of the course. Certification Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a “TMC Certificate in IT Infrastructure Support, Monitoring and Cyber Security’’. This course equips learners with holistic knowledge of technology competencies. Banking and Finance, IT professionals and aspiring individuals looking to enter the workforce industry will also find it very beneficial. Cyber security applies to everyone and it is more than just password protection to our IT gadgets and assets and broadens the spectrum to organization’s IT, network or cloud infrastructure.
On completion of TMC Certificate in Cyber Security course, learners should be able to:
- Monitor IT infrastructure operations and perform the IT infrastructure maintenance and support tasks that are proactive and reactive in nature.
- Provide the appropriate resolution for IT infrastructure issues of different nature using Firewalls.
- Explain how performing continuous reviews and assessments on risk and vulnerabilities contribute in formulating preventive measures for IT infrastructure issue.
- Identify common security related issues in IT infrastructure.
- Identify the source of issue including cyber threats, account compromise, system failure and develop troubleshooting procedures.
- Identify the impact of the security incident and classify issues to infrastructure Network and Information Infrastructure Virtualization platform.
- Identify required information on IT infrastructure issues to be gathered from the relevant sources and stakeholders to gain accurate understanding of the issues.
- Perform trend analysis on key issues related to IT infrastructure and analyse findings to guide the next steps and security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Describe effective methods to analyse trends based on issues identified such as Cryptography and Authentication Applications to resolve issues related to IT infrastructure.
- Describe effective methods to analyse trends based on issues identified from historical reports, including identification of common issues.
Learners are required to possess the following:
- Completed IBF Standards Technology level 1 programme; or show proof of competency at level 1; or
- Possess minimum 3 years of relevant experience in IT Infrastructure managgement related functions.
- Monitor IT infrastructure operations and perform the IT infrastructure maintenance and support tasks
- Resolution for IT Infrastructure issues using Firewalls
- Continuous Reviews and assessments on risk and vulnerabilities on Information and Human Security and preventive measures for IT Infrastructure Issue
- Identify common security related issues in IT infrastructure
- Cyber Threats, Account Compromise, System Failure and develop troubleshooting procedures
- Impact of Security Incident and Classify Issues to Network and Information Infrastructure Virtualization platform
- IT infrastructure issues and understanding of the issues
- Perform Trend Analysis on Key Issues Related to IT infrastructure and Security Policies, Standards and Guidelines
- Technical Advice such as Cryptography and Authentication Applications related to IT infrastructure
- Effective methods to analyse trends based on issues identified
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
We have a pool of dedicated academic staff supported by a large pool of part-time academic staff from the industry to guide our students in gaining well-balanced knowledge and perspectives in the course of their studies.