The Fundamentals certificate educates an Para-Educarer (Assistant Teacher) to play a valuable and supporting role in: Assisting the child care teacher in the classroom management and supervision of children. Assisting in the preparation of teaching aids Caring for the physical needs of children e.g. From feeding, to interacting with the children Child care assistants need to equip themselves with the necessary knowledge and competencies to play a more productive role.
ParaEducarer (Assistant Teacher)
Fees and Funding
- Completion of Secondary 2 or
- 8 years of formal education
- Course Fee SG$1,450 (No GST)
- Application Fee : SG$50 (non-refundable)
- Up to 95% Training Grant
Study Mode and Duration (Intake Period)
- Module: Child Development and Guidance
- Module: Creative Approaches to Caring and Learning
- Module: Safety, Health and Nutrition
- Module: Professional Development
- Module: Working with Families
- Module: Supervised Practice
- 180 Hours Part time (4 Months)
- 6 Modules
- Every Monday, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- 6.30pm to 9.30pm (Unless Otherwise Specified)
- Next Intake: 21 May 2018
Available Course Sessions
Please click here to stay updated on upcoming sessions.
Please refer to the link : http://www.alsauc.edu.sg/index.php/about-us/teaching-faculty for our list of Trainer.