The stability of a national’s economic and financial sectors need to be protected. More nations have set in place the various rules and regulations to focus on combating financial crimes include money laundering and financing of terrorism. Good corporate citizenship is warranted by good compliance. This workshop provides the core knowhow toward understanding and creating a compliance charter and framework to manage risks of compliance arising from within and outside of the Compliance Function.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Identify corporate value of their entities
- Explain the need of good compliance
- List the terms used in the context of compliance risk management
- Identify the different aspects of compliance and the scope of the compliance policy
- Discuss the roles of stakeholders
This workshop targets at preparing
- Managers who are responsible but not physically involved in risks management;
- Anyone who needs to craft a risks compliance manual and manages risks; and
- Supervisors and managers who need to observe compliance risks in operations contexts.
Lawrence started his career as an analyst programmer (HP-UNIX, C Language environment) with a software house in Japan in 1989. After returning to Singapore, he continued as a systems engineer until he joined one of the renowned Japanese departmental stores in Singapore as its first finance manager. He is currently a financial controller taking charge of finance, accounts, administration and human resources.
Lawrence is propelled by his passion for training. He impressed his trainees with his swiftness in adapting different teaching techniques and materials to match their varying needs and interest. Many trainees benefited from his ability to impart knowledge and to link the practical application of the subjects to life scenarios.
He holds a Bachelor degree in Economics and Japanese Studies from the National University of Singapore. He is a fellow member of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants.
Sample courses, workshop and seminars conducted:
- LCCI Bookkeeping and accounting
- ACCPAC computerised accounting
- Control and Collect Your Debts
- Budget Planning and Control
- Workplace Literacy programmes under the Employability Skills System
- Basic Conversational English
- Basic Conversational English for Migrants Workers
- Basic English Course (tailored)
- LCCI English for Business