In recent years, HR analytics has also gained significant buy-ins from senior executives. However, not many organizations are doing it right due to a combination of technical, cultural and capabilities factors. The potential of HR analytics can only be sustainable if the organization is able to build such capabilities internally.
This is an intermediate level course (two days) that is designed to provide a more comprehensive conceptual overview of HR analytics. Participants will learn the design principles of HR metrics, understand the application of important analysis frameworks, techniques and statistical concepts, and data visualization and storytelling techniques.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
• Apply the concepts in HR analytics to bring value to both HR and business stakeholders
• Construct, design and measure HR metrics, analyse HR related data, connect the dots, visualize and communicate analytics outputs
• Demonstrate and build their own HR dashboards
• Understand and able to turn operational/strategic requirements into people analytics questions & requirements, define problem statements and set analytics objectives
• HR professionals and managers who are looking to pick up practical HR analytics skills that they can apply quickly in their organization
• HR managers, directors who are looking to better understand what it takes to build a sustainable analytics function in their HR function
1. Introduction to HR analytics
2. HR Analytics Value Chain, Roadmap & Maturity
3. HR Metrics design – What, why and how?
4. HR analytics frameworks
5. Statistical analyses concepts for business users
6. Analytics techniques to connect the dots
7. Visualization of HR analytics
8. Business case
Part-1: Understanding case description and defining problem statement
Part-2: Calculating Human Capital Flow Metrics
Part-3: Incorporating Employee Engagement Survey data
Part-4: Addressing future business challenges and developing HR strategy
Part-5: Group presentation & role play
Derrick Yuen with more than 12 years of consulting experience across many functions (finance, operations & HR) and industries (FMCG, Aviation & Pharmaceutical) in both the public & private sector. He also designed and built an in-house HR analytics platform and consulted with business leaders on a wide range of critical Human Capital issues; including risk management, greenfield investments, strategic workforce planning for over 120 markets around the world. Derrick holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from the National University of Singapore as well as an MBA from the University of Southern California