This course introduces you to the world of cloud computing security. You will learn a consistent way of developing cloud security competency and provides the confidence you need to adopt secure cloud solutions. In this intensive 2-day course, you will learn about the security threats and uncertainties in a cloud environment as well as industry best practices in cloud computing security for the various service models (IaaS, Paas, SaaS).
Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Identify the security risks and concerns associated with cloud computing
• Understand the best practices of dealing with cloud security
Participant should have at least a basic understanding of the concept of cloud computing as well as a fundamental understanding of security topics such as firewall, encryption and identity management.
Fee with SkillsFuture Series subsidy: S$250.38(inclusive of GST). *conditions apply
To be eligible for SF Series subsidy, participants:
- must be Singaporeans or Permanent Residents of Singapore
* Participants who do not fulfill the above criteria are not eligible for SF Series funding, and are required to pay the course fee in full.
• Any IT professional who is planning to use cloud computing or who is already working in the cloud environment.
• Individuals who will like to broaden their knowledge in cloud computing security.
Basics of Cloud Computing
• Fundamental concepts
• Define cloud computing
• Cloud computing stack components
• Cloud reference model and security
Infrastructure Security for Cloud Computing
• Components of cloud infrastructure
• Security implications of different deployment models
• Advantages and disadvantages of virtual infrastructure
• Different service models security basics
Managing Cloud Computing Security and Risk
• Risk and Governance
• Legal and Compliance
• Portability and Interoperability
• Incident Response
Data Security for Cloud Computing
• Understand different cloud storage models
• Define security issues for data in the cloud
• Introduce data security lifecycle
• Address cloud security and governance
• Apply lifecycle to use cases
• Discuss data encryption
Securing Cloud Applications and Users
• Define Application Architecture
• Design and Operations lifecycle
• Discuss impact on SDLC
• Examine Application Security tools and Vulnerability Management
• Discuss role of Compliance in Cloud applications
Selecting Cloud Services
• Enabling the security strategy
• Selecting a cloud provider
• Security as a Service (SECaaS)
• Summary and Review
|Cancellation & Refund Policy|
|A written notification to email@example.com or fax to
6774 2911 before course closing date.
|No cancellation charges (Full refund)|
|A written notification on or after course closing date.||No Refund
SkillsFuture Credit (if applicable):
- Participant to cancel their claim with WDA
- PaCE Collegereserves the rights to collect the full fee amount from the participant
|Given a 3 days notice before course commencement, companies may replace participants who have signed up for the course. Terms and conditions apply.
There is no replacement for participant utilising SkillsFuture Credit. Participant to cancel their SkillsFuture Credit claim with WDA.
|Terms and Conditions|
|• Course is subject to a minimum participation before commencement
• Course is subject to a first-come-first-serve basis in light of overwhelming responses
• PaCE Collegereserves the right to change or cancel any course or trainer, in light of unforeseen circumstances
• All details are correct at time of dissemination
|At PaCE College, participants’ personal information is collected, used and disclosed for the following purposes:
Mr. Kenneth Ho is a seasoned consultant with extensive knowledge in information risk management, information security and information system audit. He is a certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, CRISC, CISSP, CCSK and CISA.
He has 20 years of experience in security assessment, design, implementation and management consultancy in the above domains, and has worked in a number of industries, including the health, airline, electronics, manufacturing, finance and telecommunication.
His professional expertise ranges from Information Security and Compliance Officer to Security Consultant. His direct technology experience spans enterprise architecture, telecommunications networks, network management systems, business continuity, and security operations process.
Kenneth holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Technology Degree and a Postgraduate Certificate in Network Engineering from Nanyang Technological University.